robert

Can`t connect to DVR from internet

DVR: Samsung SVR-1645

Router: Dlink DSL-2640R:

http://www.dlink.co.uk/cs/Satellite?c=Product_C&childpagename=DLinkEurope-GB%2FDLProductCarouselMultiple&cid=1197375464607&p=1197318962342&packedargs=ParentPageID%3D1197318962321%26locale%3D1195806691854%26packedargs%3DProductParentID%253D1195808621247&pagename=DLinkEurope-GB%2FDLWrapper

I have set IP for DVR to 192.168.1.5, port forwarding in router for port 4000 to this IP. Nothing

Works fine when I connect to 192.168.1.5:4000 from PC in local network.

Please help

try the following for diagnostics

a range of ports such as 4000-4010

tcp and udp

dmz the firewall to your dvr as a temporary test using http://realworldipaddress:portnumber (use your ip and port number) to rule out if its a firewall issue

I have disabled firewall completely. Still nothing

ok if all internet traffic is being diverted to the local ip of the DVR then youve ruled out the firewall and it could be a similar issue to what i had with my pc based avermedia dvr the other day

i had to enable incoming connections from outside my LAN, it could be the DVR blocking WAN connections as untrusted, are you connecting from the same real world ip or using a remote app to connect to another pc on a different internet connection?

if not and u want me to test it from here then pm me your real world ip and port number

ok if all internet traffic is being diverted to the local ip of the DVR then youve ruled out the firewall and it could be a similar issue to what i had with my pc based avermedia dvr the other day

i had to enable incoming connections from outside my LAN, it could be the DVR blocking WAN connections as untrusted, are you connecting from the same real world ip or using a remote app to connect to another pc on a different internet connection?

if not and u want me to test it from here then pm me your real world ip and port number

Do you mean NAT?

yes the NAT (network address translation) forms a LAN (local area network) so u can use class c ip address ranges, in other words the NAT allows you to have more than one pc behind the firewall in a private network and you can direct traffic to and from different local ip's using ports, in your case 4000

i just got your pm i'll take a look when out the bath as my iphone prob needs an app which i dont have

I could not find any NAT settings in this router. Are they not there or I`m just blind?

I could not find any NAT settings in this router. Are they not there or I`m just blind?

hi robert. do you have a static ip. who is your isp. and in most cases you cant use your own external ip on your own network. you will need to get a friend to log in for you.

Please try without port number, only address IP if computer is in this same local network (in internet browser)

Please try without port number, only address IP if computer is in this same local network (in internet browser)

Works fine.

It works from local network. I plugged in my laptop in that router, typed in 192.168.1.5:4000 and I can access DVR.

hi robert. do you have a static ip. who is your isp. and in most cases you cant use your own external ip on your own network. you will need to get a friend to log in for you.

Yes, its static IP. Its BT, in UK.

Yes, its static IP. Its BT, in UK.

hi. then you should type your ip as ..... http://your static ip:4000 from outside your network

hi. then you should type your ip as ..... http://your static ip:4000 from outside your network

This is why I have created this topic

The connection has timed out

The server at 92.18.38.176 is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few

moments.

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network

connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

cant connect to http://92.18.38.176:4000 using ie8

does the dvr support telnet? if so i will try a telnet session linto the dvr later when im home unless anyone wants to try that before i do?

i think it might still be the firewall, if it's disabled then it may not be routing to his dvr static lan ip

if the firewall is enabled and not correctly forwarding through a port to his static lan ip then i suggest a range of ports or you could try enabled all ports from 1-66555 (is that the last port you can use i dont know but should be good enough to test!)

or if you have the option for dmz, enable it to one single lan ip which will be the dvr because this will do the same job as routing all ports, it depends on the make and model of the router, most routers have the dmz option but if not just forward all the ports

have you not used the router BT supply ??? can you post a link to your D-link router

No, its not BT router, don't know why, not my setup. Link is in my first post.

tried with DMZ in your router?

I'm not experienced enough in networks, reading by description in router about DMZ, it didn's sound to me useful, so I left it as it was-disabled. Should I turn it on then?

I'm not experienced enough in networks, reading by description in router about DMZ, it didn's sound to me useful, so I left it as it was-disabled. Should I turn it on then?

i am a bit confussed your ip belongs to talktalk and not BT. talktalk do block incomming to your router have had to change customers in the passed to another isp (talktalk ) carphone warehouse.

here are some screen shots look at portforwarding and insert your dvr settings were needed.

http://www.pcwintech.com/screenshots-d-link-dsl-2640r-d-link-firmware

your pingback.

Hostname: 92.18.38.176

ISP: TalkTalk

Organization: TalkTalk

Proxy: None detected

i am a bit confussed your ip belongs to talktalk and not BT. talktalk do block incomming to your router have had to change customers in the passed to another isp (talktalk ) carphone warehouse.

here are some screen shots look at portforwarding and insert your dvr settings were needed.

http://www.pcwintech.com/screenshots-d-link-dsl-2640r-d-link-firmware

your pingback.

Hostname: 92.18.38.176

ISP: TalkTalk

Organization: TalkTalk

Proxy: None detected

I have done port forwarding.

Now I`m confused. That lady I`m setting this up for, she has BT line. She also phoned BT to get static IP. Hmm, how come talktalk is involved ?!

If you have External IP (92.18.38.176) please try with DMZ configuration, unless your ISP is blocking some Web applications in network. Sorry I'm from Poland and I don't know network parameters ISP in UK.

Will try tomorrow, thank you.

If I type in just IP address without port, should I be able to access router from internet? Because at the moment I can`t.