robert

Can`t connect to DVR from internet

hi yes she will have a BT phone line. she needs that or cable. but broadband will be with talktalk her ISP.

talktalk is a cheap ISP and has restrictions thats why it starts at only £9 a month.

IP address [?]: 92.18.38.176 [Copy][Whois] [Reverse IP]

IP country code: GB

IP address country: United Kingdom

IP address state: n/a

IP address city: n/a

IP address latitude: 54.0000

IP address longitude: -2.0000

ISP of this IP [?]: TalkTalk

Organization: TalkTalk

Edited by Guest

my earlier suggestions regarding dmz and forwarding every port to the dvr should help you work out if the firewall is causing the problem, portforward.com lists pretty much every major vendor's model of router to guide you through the process

Checked NAT settings, it was enabled. But then she told me that she has two connections " title="Applause" />

1) BT line with TalkTalk on it.

2) BT line with BT broadband.

She phoned BT(2) and asked for static IP address and they gave her, but to the line which she is not using She is using TalkTalk connection which has dynamic ip and doesn`t let connect from outside. Oh well, woman That`s why I thought why IP keeps changing and its not the one BT told her on the phone.

Because she doesn`t have BT box, she will order one and call me again. That should solve this mistery

Checked NAT settings, it was enabled. But then she told me that she has two connections " title="Applause" />

She phoned BT(2) and asked for static IP address and they gave her, but to the line which she is not using She is using TalkTalk connection which has dynamic ip and doesn`t let connect from outside. Oh well, woman That`s why I thought why IP keeps changing and its not the one BT told her on the phone.

Because she doesn`t have BT box, she will order one and call me again. That should solve this mistery

hi robert. well that solves the confusion. when you get your BT router or hub it will have a security feature on it this will not allow you to assign a port to a ip. but your dvr will show as a mac address and you assign your ports to that.

If I understood your ISP has a restrictions on the network right?

If I understood your ISP has a restrictions on the network right?

From previous posts I understand so, otherwise would have worked.