The only IP LPR camera that I know of is the Mobotix. All others are analog with encoders.

Thanks. I thought it might be slim pickin's. I was hoping to avoid a hybrid solution.

Best,

Christopher

I currently have a Mobotix M12 setup as an LPR at a grocery store. It has the "big" lenses installed and we set both of them to view an area roughly 40 feet from the camera. It took a few tries to get the brightness, contrast, and focus all set correctly but it wasn't too bad. After we got the camera aimed correctly, I set the motion detection to capture several still images and made a bunch of small motion zones on either side of the road in the most likely direction of travel. We then drove a few types of cars thru the area to make sure it would work well and it works like a champ.

I am headed down to that site later this week and could save the settings from that camera if you wanted to go in that direction.

I currently have a Mobotix M12 setup as an LPR at a grocery store. It has the "big" lenses installed and we set both of them to view an area roughly 40 feet from the camera. It took a few tries to get the brightness, contrast, and focus all set correctly but it wasn't too bad. After we got the camera aimed correctly, I set the motion detection to capture several still images and made a bunch of small motion zones on either side of the road in the most likely direction of travel. We then drove a few types of cars thru the area to make sure it would work well and it works like a champ.

I am headed down to that site later this week and could save the settings from that camera if you wanted to go in that direction.

Is this a LPR version of the M12? Also do you get plates at night?

Try Beijing Fibridge technology a 15 year veteran of practical application video transmission devices - currently China plates are supported, with work being done on US, Russian and other markets. larger projects can be speed tracked though.

Instead of talking cameras, they will give you practical solutions built around actual applications.

UPFI201005281421528462-1.jpg

No it is a plain jane M12 and yes... perfectly

No it is a plain jane M12 and yes... perfectly

I would love to see a night time image.

m12 135mm lens with lpf is the way to go - daytime any mp camera can grab lens but at night is the real challenge, we have done several installs with this camera and have beaten every other vendor

Mobotix m12 L135 15° (standard) shutter @ 1/500sec + a 150W halogen spot

car driving around 40-50 km/h

i'm searching for an IR lignt that could replace the 150W spot, any recommandations? (led would work ?)

m12.thumb.jpg.6e24e6895d5cf13ca7c81cb7942393d1.jpg

Mobotix m12 L135 15° (standard) + a 150W halogen spot

car driving around 40-50 km/h

What did you do, if anything, to set the exposure? How do you ensure the plate is not under or over exposed given that a fast moving car with headlights at night is a rather difficult scene for a camera to properly expose.

Best,

Christopher

i put the camera in the simplest settings, no backlight adjustment, no exposure zone adjustment, just put target brightness @ 25% to have a correct illumination for the plate...

i put the camera in the simplest settings, no backlight adjustment, no exposure zone adjustment, just put target brightness @ 25% to have a correct illumination for the plate...

So, when no car is driving by, the scene is underexposed, right?

Best,

Christopher

at night yes, you can't have both licenses plates and a correctly exposed overall scene

during day exposition is ok, here is a day shot:

m12day.thumb.jpg.70aec90504e277a6d6914f0af3703ba1.jpg

at night yes, you can't have both licenses plates and a correctly exposed overall scene

Understood. Apparently, this is easy to do with Mobotix. I've seen a fair number of properly exposed plates. Setting the xx% brightness must do the trick.

Best,

Christopher