Sign in to follow this  
ultimatesecurity

GV110D Issues and 8.4 not displaying H.264 cameras

I've been having lots of trouble with Geovision BX110D day/night box cameras. I have sent several back into repair for all different reasons. Mostly it has to do with the IR sensor. Some units won't come out of night mode once its daylight and others the varifocal lens keeps opening and closing. Geovision has horrible repair time taking between 30-45 days to get one back sometimes they send it back unrepaired! Usually my local geo techs verify before they send it in for me. Has anyone else have any issues with these cameras?

Out of all the models from Geovision the CCD chip versions i used to buy two years ago has never failed me but they were pricey.

As for the 8.4 software. I did several machine upgrades form 8.3.1 to 8.4. Always followed the software upgrade procedures that i normally do, ie remove old program, delete gv folders, restarts, etc etc. But for some reason one machine has issues displaying any of my h.264 geo cameras. Tech support from geo was no help, checked the codecs and made sure there right after deleting old files...last resort they told me to reinstall windows. Any ideas?

Thanks so much

I cant speak for the IP cameras, but 8.4 is a huge CPU hog, make sure upgrade the computer too as its a huge difference between using 8.31 and 8.4. I went back to 8.33 as a 3 Ghz Core 2 Duo with 10 cameras was using 80-90% CPU, while in 8.33 it was using 30%. Also, nothing to do with the IP cameras again, but in 8.33 you have Mpeg4 while in 8.4 it doesnt, Mpeg4-ASP uses more CPU and H.264 uses even more CPU.

Not sure if the issue is your systems are not fast enough or not, just a heads up.

I cant speak for the IP cameras, but 8.4 is a huge CPU hog, make sure upgrade the computer too as its a huge difference between using 8.31 and 8.4. I went back to 8.33 as a 3 Ghz Core 2 Duo with 10 cameras was using 80-90% CPU, while in 8.33 it was using 30%. Also, nothing to do with the IP cameras again, but in 8.33 you have Mpeg4 while in 8.4 it doesnt, Mpeg4-ASP uses more CPU and H.264 uses even more CPU.

Not sure if the issue is your systems are not fast enough or not, just a heads up.

I upgraded the CPU's just last year from 3ghz dual core to 2.8ghz quad core. Each machine is running GV1480A cards with full 16 analog inputs and 8 IP 1.3mp cams. With the dual it was running at 90% and after the upgrade to quad it dropped to 30-40%. Huge difference. I didn't know 8.4 used up that much more CPU, I will double check on tuesday when i go back.