Esand

Need help with a DVR solution

Hello all,

I'm new at the DVR world and in need of help.

I need to define a video recorder for a single PAL analogue video source with the following requirements:

• The recording system shall have a data over-writing feature to automatically over-write data from storage device when it reaches its storage limit.
  • The video recordings shall be transferable from the storage device via Universal Serial Bus (USB).
  • At least 48 hours of recording.
  • The recording system shall be able to record the video images for 48 hours continuously
  • Retrieval of video recordings stored in the recording system storage device and setting changes shall be password protected.
  • The recording system shall feature standard functions (slow motion, freeze, fast forward, jump to mark etc.).
  • The recording system shall generate an alarm to alert the user when there is less than 10 min of recording storage left.
  • The recording format shall be H.264.
  • played back ability.
  • Capability to perform MARK (event) during recording
  • perform still imagery capturing (snapshot).
  • It shall be possible to edit a short identification message on the recording by the operators.

The last part i intend to use an external program designed for this purpose unless you can point me to a solution that can cover this.

I am considering DVR cards like geovision and magic radar but am unfamiliar with the software provided and its limitations.

I will greatly appreciate your help.

I think most of Standalone DVR and DVR card can suit for your requirement,except:

"It shall be possible to edit a short identification message on the recording by the operator".

Creating events by users so you can jump straight to that point is a common feature?

Then what about recommended brands, models etc.

I als need very good video quality at record and display, and very high reliabilty as well.

The number of companies producing DVR`S is staggering...

thanks!