bg2000

BNC output RG6 cable RCA Tv input

Ok i need some info from some experts! I have my security DVR with 4 cameras hooked up and working just fine. I need to run video to an extra monitor.

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE ------

I have a security DVR ( QSEE) with BNC video outputs

I have 250ft run of RG6 coax with screw on connectors

I have a TV monitor with S-video/RCA/HDMI/Comp inputs

What are my options to connect the DVR to TV

THANKS

Brad

Go to Radio Shack and get a F connector to Bnc Female to Male for the dvr then F connector to rca for you tv. Female to male.

Thats what i thought, but i talked to Qsee tech department and they told me the BNC output on DVR was not for coax use and i would have to use a RF modulater?

Confused

THANKS for the quick response

Bg

And on most jobs we do, we always run coax from dvr out to a security monitor with a bnc input, same cable. Your just changing the connector type in your case.

QSee probably thought you were talking about running the DVR to the RF (tuner) input of your TV. That would require a modulator - what you're talking about would not.

You have existing cable like this, correct?

coaxwfconnector-1.jpg

So, put one of these on the DVR's output:

30x3-03100.jpg

Then put one of these on the TV's video input:

30x3-03120.jpg

Soundy

Thanks for your input. That is correct on what i have, i have done what you said and used the same adapters you show.

The problem i have is this is the second dvr that has the bnc video output go bad ( other video output ok) and have to replace 2 dvr in less than 1 year.

I thought maybe i was using the wrong cable for the output ohm range ? not sure just thinking maybe the problem is my end. But after you have told me to do just what i have been doing i am sure the problem is defective DVR's ??

THANKS for all your inputs... This is the place to come for help on this stuff. i will bookmark this site and i am sure i will check back in:)

Bg

can you suggest an line amp? is this installed at front of line or at end of line...

THANKS

Bg

For some video amplifiers you could use, search ebay for this.

video amplifier bnc

25dB UHF/VHF Video RF Signal Amplifier Cable TV booster

Ebay Item number: 300556740328

Would this be ok? it dont have the BNC connection but i can convert.

THANKS !!

Bg

whoa 25 db is to much. You don't won't to put in more then 10db over 1000ft then maybe 25 db you got regular f connectors on both ends before you change over you can get a 10db again at local radio shack it has a in and out f connector. 25 db right into a monitor can cause a over heat and fire. This is why Time warner tech. carries a meter to measure db levels anything over 13 db is against code after a fire were kinda wide spread back in 96 due to people getting 20 and 30 plus into there t.v.'s

I use a RadioShack® 4-Way Component Video Distribution Amplifier for about $50. It's a little overkill, but it lets me send video to 4 devices along with 2 channels of audio if I want it. You won't need the top 3 component input/outputs. Model:15-311 and most of them have it in stock.

250 feet is not that far for video run i am not convinced you need an amp, try it first. But this one looks like it is a little more professional than the rad shack slammers.

ebay Item number: 320696820439

BNC Coaxial CCTV Video Balun Amplifier for CCTV Camera

Gain: adjustable and max up to 6dB

lol i'm not a shack slammer just trying to help a guy who might not be able to get the same gadgets we get from dealers. I'll try to lay off the shack. I forget Ebay is out there sometimes.

25dB UHF/VHF Video RF Signal Amplifier Cable TV booster

Ebay Item number: 300556740328

Would this be ok? it dont have the BNC connection but i can convert.

THANKS !!

Bg

Nevermind the power boost, that's the wrong type of amp anyway - you want a composite video driver, not an RF booster.

I don't believe an amp should be necessary anyway: if the picture is clean (no tearing or blooming, in particular), that probably means the load is fine. If a 250' run of RG6 is what's killing the DVR's output, then the DVR's output is a pretty weak design.

Amplifies VHF, UHF, and FM signals by 10dB

Is this what i need ??? bnc output on a DVR system?

THANKS

Brad

Better yet this looks like it would be just what i need, But the bandwidth shows 500mhz ? will that work????

Ebay 170650034222

Kramer 101L COMPOSITE VIDEO LINE AMPLIFIER:

The 101L is a high-performance line amplifier for composite video signals. It provides controls to compensate for signal loss inherent in long cable runs.

Bandwidth - 500MHz (-3dB).

That looks like a nice composite amplifier, and you can turn the gain down to what you want it to be. (1Volt peak to peak at the TV).

Install your amp at the DVR end.

Soundy

you might be correct on not needing this but just to be on the safe side i think i might install this unit just to be on the safe side..

I stepped off the distance today and the footage from dvr to tv is about 300ft. This is direct buried in ground (200ft) RG6 cable with the correct type buried cable.

Is the 500Hhz is OK?

I also have a slight video hum line in this video (not Bad) would this help that problem?

THANKS for all your help!

Bg