gasolina

8 Channels DVR - Not Online

Hi folks,

I have recently purchased a DVR from china company ( WINBO, website is www.winbodigital.com ).

Am using dynamic IP ( not static IP) from my ISP provider. Hooked DVR to my router. Within the DVR menu have made following settings :

DVR IP : 192.168.1.5

Gateway : 192.168.1.1

Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0

DVR Port : 6802

IE Port : 6802

The Gateway, and Subnet Mask settings are the same for computers hooked to my LAN.

In my router, I went to NAT option, and thereafter to Virtual Server Option. In there I gave the ports numbers 6802 and 8080 in two different rules , and both for IP 192.168.1.5 . I did this with understanding that I am allowing port forwarding on the router. These settings were saved correctly.

For couple of days, I was able to view the DVR remotely through another laptop on different ISP connection, using the software provided by the seller ( software is CMS H.264 DVR ).

But now something has happened , and each time I try to remotely view the DVR , it says that DVR is not online. This is strange, because DVR is linked to the same router, and I can see the LAN Port light "ON" on the router too, which shows that LAN port # 2 is connected ( have connected DVR to 2nd LAN port of my router ).

Furthermore, I made myself a free DYNDNS account. Now if i give the DYNDNS URL in the browser, then setup page of my router opens, and not the DVR.

Any idea ( or ideas ) what am I doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance.

From what you said, I think you should turn off remote administration on your router, it is intercepting port 80. Also forward port 80 to your DVR IP.

If your DVR's web page is set up to use a different port, make sure you enter it at the end of the URRL. Something like http://mydvr.dvr.com:6802