johnmaclean

Help for exterior system of industrial building

I am trying to configure a system for a industrial building (roughly 100x30) - only 3 areas of concern (front entrance, side entrance and back entrance) - however would also like to view some activity in the surrounding yard (although facial recognition is not as much of a concern since the real danger is if they get to the door)....

I've used vivotek in the past - specifically the 8362 - which worked well since it can withstand the cold winters here - but have only used it in a single camera configuration.

Would ideally like a suggestion on cameras, and a recording system that allows for local and remote storage...

I know this is a bit vague....but just trying to get started here....

If you're happy with the Vivotek in the past, might as well stick with what works for you. Personally, I prefer a dome enclosure for being more tamper-resistant.

As for a recording system... well, these have onboard SDHC, so you've got some edge recording there... what sort of budget are you looking at for other local recording? A basic NVR like something from Synology or QNAP may be appropriate, or you might toss something together from a spare PC. Remote recording could use a similar NVR, possibly via VPN, although bandwidth could be an issue... really depends on what's available for an internet connection.

What are you thinking for budget? I would personally recommend the CNB Monalisa VCM-24VFH. Many people recommend this camera and from personal experience it work great. I live in a area which gets very cold and these cameras have no problem standing up to the heat. They also give a really nice picture. Use a quality cable-not the cheap stuff, good power supply (Altronix), and a solid D1 DVR that does true D1 (120fps). I think with a setup like this you will be very satisfied. If you are looking for more then the best direction is NVR with megapixel cameras (much more expensive).

Good luck!