reo11100

.VVF - DVR video format to avi or ? Software?

I have a VisorTech DVR4004 and the USB backup video format is .VVF (.V V F) The problem is it is totally unrecognisable by any mac or pc player, cd/dvd burner. It is impossible to make CD/DVD copies of securtiy video footage for the police. I guess I could record from the TV out on a VHS in real time, but I tossed mine about 10 years ago! I looked at everything on the net

No luck. i have asked the comany I purchased it from PEARL.fr as well as the MFG, no joy. I'm ready to return it for my money back but what can replace it?

When presented with a proprietary video format that can only be decoded by a proprietary player - are you not less vulnerable to questions about video integrity?

Of course I can see the value of AVI, etc in the presence of the original proprietary clip - for the sake of simplicity, but would the AVI clip not need be validated by referencing the proprietary video from it's own player in many cases.

I really don't care what the format is, I just want to make a CD or DVD of the security video footage from the USB backup key or drive.

.vvf is not recongnised as a viable format on any of the six or seven converter or BURNER sofwares I have downloaded. All say they can work with .vvf but none actually do.

Thanks

I really don't care what the format is, I just want to make a CD or DVD of the security video footage from the USB backup key or drive.

.vvf is not recongnised as a viable format on any of the six or seven converter or BURNER sofwares I have downloaded. All say they can work with .vvf but none actually do.

Thanks

What software's have you already tried? VideoVista professional...?

I don't think so, do have a download link for them?

I do , but I would like to get more feedback from others first as to how they have managed to view the videovista formats? before sending you to a professional program!

I have not heard or see any post of a successful transfere of .VVF to any usable, popular video format. Just for a test change a video to a .vvf extension. If your software works one way, it should work both ways. So see if you can convert any video to.vvf. If so the program should convert .vvf to ?

Thanks

I have a VisorTech DVR4004 and the USB backup video format is .VVF (.V V F) The problem is it is totally unrecognisable by any mac or pc player, cd/dvd burner. It is impossible to make CD/DVD copies of securtiy video footage for the police. I guess I could record from the TV out on a VHS in real time, but I tossed mine about 10 years ago! I looked at everything on the net

No luck. i have asked the comany I purchased it from PEARL.fr as well as the MFG, no joy. I'm ready to return it for my money back but what can replace it?

hi. you may find it quicker to just buy a cheap usb addaptor and play back your footage from the tv out of your dvr to a pc/laptop.

then buy a good little DVR to replace yours.

140-1.jpg

Okay, what's a good 4ch DVR?

I can collect the TV video out in real time to some sort of video recorder, but I have lots of hours that I want to share on DVD or CD even youtube.

So I buy this gizzmo that fools the DVR into thinking it's a USB, down load it to my computer then What? I still end up with .vvf on my PC.

I can do that now with a USB key. It's the .vvf part that's a drag to deal with.

Okay, what's a good 4ch DVR?

I can collect the TV video out in real time to some sort of video recorder, but I have lots of hours that I want to share on DVD or CD even youtube.

So I buy this gizzmo that fools the DVR into thinking it's a USB, down load it to my computer then What? I still end up with .vvf on my PC.

I can do that now with a USB key. It's the .vvf part that's a drag to deal with.

hi yes you can just convert the footage from your dvr to video. and it has been done by many with your problem over the years. the problem is who uses a video now.

the gizzmo will not send your fottage to your pc as vvf. it will be a file that you can use and convert to media.

the gizzmo is just a cheap usb cctv recorder. one of the chanels goes to your dvr monitor output and you plug the usb into your pc

okay, tell me about the gizzmo and where I can get it. Oh, by the way I am in France, so I deal in PAL and 220avc

okay, tell me about the gizzmo and where I can get it. Oh, by the way I am in France, so I deal in PAL and 220avc

ce sera le moyen le plus rapide pour obtenir votre film éteindre votre DVR. il n'est en aucun cas un remplacement comme il est juste un enregistreur chers que les médias dossiers fles que vous pouvez convertir un CD ou un DVD

USB 2.0 4 Canaux CCTV Vidéo Enregistreur pour DVR

http://cgi.ebay.fr/USB-2-0-4-Canaux-CCTV-Video-Enregistreur-pour-DVR-/310299195490?pt=FR_LC_Informatique_Connectiques&hash=item483f45f862

Thanks a lot, I live in france, I don't speak french very well, still in the process.

So is this you are ?

Thanks a lot, I live in france, I don't speak french very well, still in the process.

So is this you are ?

Hi no am in the uk. just thought it was better to give you a link to something in france. it is just a cheap device but best way for you to get your footage off your dvr in a workable format.

The following article just aims to provide a step by step guide on how to convert DVR to popular video formats; it is also available for converting the extended DVR that is WTV to various video formats at http://www.bigasoft.com/articles/convert-dvr-with-dvr-converter.html

Convert DVR to AVI or WMV for playback DVR in Window Media Player, Xbox and more or edit DVR in Windows Movie Maker.

Convert DVR to MPEG (ncluding MPEG-2 and MPEG-1) or convert DVR to VOB for burn DVR to DVD or VCD

Convert DVR to MP4 for play DVR on iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, iTunes, BlackBerry, Android Phones, PS3, PSP and more.

Convert DVR to MOV for play DVR in QuickTime, Wii and more

Convert DVR to FLV for upload HD DVR to YouTube and more.

Convert DVR to DV for editing DVR in Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas, iMovie, Final Cut Pro or Final Cut Express.

Convert DVR to other video formats including ASF, MKV, RM, RMVB, WebM, MPG and more

You may refer to the step by step guide on how to convert VVF video files to AVI at http://www.idealshare.net/video-converter/vvf-converter.html; it also applies to convert VVF to MP4, WMV, MOV, DV, 3GP, VOB, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MKV, ASF, FLV, and etc

I have the Vx4SL Player software and after a lot of fiddling around I realised that it can convert from .vvf to .avi files. I found a freeware page that provides this software http://vx4slplayer.software.informer.com/

I am unable to vouch for the actual download but I can say that this software does convert as I've managed to do it to provide CCTV footage to the police.

Hope this helps someone as I spent ages looking online without realising this software does what I needed it to, d'uh!