Sign in to follow this  
sealcam

seriously SLOW backup from averdigi mob1304

Hi All,

I'm using an averdigi mob1304 to record four channels of underwater video. I recorded continuously for less than two days and when I came to backup the video (~27Gb) using the USB playback console, it took more than 12 hours to complete!!

Is this a known problem with this software.. or is there something I could try to speed things up?

Thanks very much for any and all comments!

Hi All,

I'm using an averdigi mob1304 to record four channels of underwater video. I recorded continuously for less than two days and when I came to backup the video (~27Gb) using the USB playback console, it took more than 12 hours to complete!!

Is this a known problem with this software.. or is there something I could try to speed things up?

Thanks very much for any and all comments!

why not just remove the Hard drive caddy and load onto your pc. 27gb is alot for usb. do you have the standard mob or the network.

Thanks for the reply. It's the standard mob.

Loading the hard drive would be great, but unfortunately it's mounted in such a way as to make it awkward... (the unit is actually integrated into a mobile surveillance system that I have on hire). All I really have access to is the USB port.

27gb doesn't sound like too much to me... and I'm hoping to record a lot more! Do you know if the USB port is USB1?

Thanks for the reply. It's the standard mob.

Loading the hard drive would be great, but unfortunately it's mounted in such a way as to make it awkward... (the unit is actually integrated into a mobile surveillance system that I have on hire). All I really have access to is the USB port.

27gb doesn't sound like too much to me... and I'm hoping to record a lot more! Do you know if the USB port is USB1?

Hi USB 2. removing the caddy is the quickest way on the old mob. it would have been instant.

you will spend hours downloading from usb .......... it is not usually a problem as you would only download the incident you need if used as a cctv system.

you can just put a DVD recorder into monitor out on the dvr to to give you instant DVD.

Thanks, that's a good point. But I guess it wouldn't record the channels separately, and I really want full screen video of each channel.

I don't see why the transfer rate should be so slow via USB2.. or is there a bottleneck in the averdigi unit?

Thanks, that's a good point. But I guess it wouldn't record the channels separately, and I really want full screen video of each channel.

I don't see why the transfer rate should be so slow via USB2.. or is there a bottleneck in the averdigi unit?

it is slow on downloading to usb alot of systems are if your doing days at a time. the mob has a fast download via Hard drive caddy. why not get the hire company to alter how the unit is placed in the box so as you can remove the caddy.