Sign in to follow this  
jako

Looking for a good DVR 4Ch up

I am looking for a good stand alone DVR 4ch to 8ch real-time which will be accessed through only the network

Thanks

Most of the stand alones that claim real time, is simply real time in low quality mode.

GE makes an excellent box with MPEG4 compression for 4 channel and with total 120FPS total (30FPS per channel)... Here is the specs:

http://www.ge-consultantlink.com/Docs/digia_prd.pdf

This box is probably the most cost effective in the market as a stand alone unit.. Only 1 major draw back - you can not playback video remotely, rather you can view real time as it happens... The playback or extraction of the video must be done with the box at its location.

Levon

And the DVMRe-Pro .. 4 channel 120pps .. i was going to mention this one but the price tag might scare him

Your reasoning is correct and that is why I did not mention DVMRe-Pro .. 4 channel 120pps. But the Digia is a great box, as long as you do not intend to extract video remotely. I think GE purposely disabled this feature in Digia, which is avail on DVMRe series and with their latest 16 channel boxes...

Levon

I am sure you probably know what I am going to say. Yes Mace

Mace has 4 channel 120 fps mpeg-4 triplex enabled.

it can playback, record, and remote transmit all at once.

it has it all

isaac