lely09

Cold Weather IP/MP Camera Solution Suggestions

I have noticed that many on this forum suggest that cameras get hot enough internally to not need additional heat sources. Well in our neck of the woods MN... it gets very cold and we don't want cameras going out on us midwinter. Any thoughts on this specifically in the ip/mp realm? Also if anyone has used some outdoor ip/mp cameras with heaters that they were impressed with and wouldn't mind sharing with us that would be great

Vivotek just released their newest piece of hardware, FD8362E - rated from -40C~55C. I've not used one but I'd wager its the same hardware that's in their other 2MP Supreme offerings but with a few modifications. Worth a look.

Looks like a solid unit. What are some of the cheaper solid units out there that people have tried? Both outdoor and box so that they can be put into housing.

Mobotix and Stardot have cameras that operate in cold weather without the need for heaters. Neither are what I would consider cheap though.

I have noticed that many on this forum suggest that cameras get hot enough internally to not need additional heat sources. Well in our neck of the woods MN... it gets very cold and we don't want cameras going out on us midwinter. Any thoughts on this specifically in the ip/mp realm? Also if anyone has used some outdoor ip/mp cameras with heaters that they were impressed with and wouldn't mind sharing with us that would be great

We have a bunch of outdoor Avigilion IP cameras at a site in Minneapolis with no heaters and no issues.

Also have used IP Arecont MP cameras with heaters hooked up and have had very little issues with them quite a bit farther north than MN.

I doubt either of these are a cheap(ish) solution though.

We have a bunch of outdoor Avigilion IP cameras at a site in Minneapolis with no heaters and no issues.

Also have used IP Arecont MP cameras with heaters hooked up and have had very little issues with them quite a bit farther north than MN.

Rough price range 1.5k-3k ea.?

Rough price range 1.5k-3k ea.?

For a dome with heater, roughly 1-1.5k.

Heater doesn't add much to price of the equipment, but adds to the installation cost from pulling an extra cable and adding a power supply. This assumes you're using the PoE options to power the actual camera.