grgo69

650 tv lines vs. 540 on combo DVR

Hy,

I am looking to buy analog cameras and I have option 540tv or 650tv conected to standalone DVR. Now I wonder does it make any difference because it has D1/HD1/CIF recording resolution available. ?

Also any sugestions welcome!

Thanks, G

It depends on the quality of the camera. If it is a cheap low quality camera it won't make a difference either way. If it is a higher end camera then you might notice some difference.

After viewing the recordings, you shouldn't notice any difference at all in the resolution if they are basically the same camera but just different TVL. You may notice a difference pre-recording but I doubt it. There is alot more than TVL that makes a good camera, good low light performance, noise reduction, white balance, gain control, etc. all contributes to the overal picture quality.

Might notice a difference if the camera is plugged directly into a CRT composite monitor/TV, otherwise same pixel size on the DVR end (converted to digital) so same live and same recording pixels. Typically there is no difference between a 540 and 650 TVL camera when it comes to total effective pixels.