Kingmedieval

Keep getting login failed on web application manager.

I have a H.264 4 channel standalone network DVR. Don't see any brand name on it although when I click on system info it is listed as: AT-DVR-4, VA1.25 When I type in the IP of DVR, I get the web application manager & type in my user & password but get login failed. The user & pw is the same on the DVR itself in which I am able to access with no problems. I had this working a couple of months ago but disconnected the cameras and dvr because of doing home remodeling. I don't know what could be wrong. Has this happened to anyone else? Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Make sure your passwords are case-correct.

Also, you sometimes have to use a different login and password for web use on some DVR's. Try making another username and password on your local DVR and try logging in with that.

If that doesnt work, try doing a factory default reset and starting over.

On the password, I could only choose a 6-digit number, can't use letters.

The DVR manual states that in the Web Application Manager section that the password is the same as the one set in DVR. I made another username & password but that had login failed also. Also, in the DVR manual it says that "if forget your password, please make the jump J16 on the main board short for about 5 seconds when machine works, user can access system menu to change your password again". The manual isn't written in very good English, but i tried this and it didn't seem to do anything.

The only system setting I see is: "Load Default-Restores all the settings to factory settings." I also tried this but the only setting it changes are the recording & alarm settings. Still had to use the same user & password.

I think it's just a very cheap DVR, got it off ebay. Guess I should have expected that. lol

Thank you for all of your suggestions though.

--Update--

I can connect to the DVR remotely from different location but still unable to connect locally. I can get to the login screen and enter user/password but still says login failed. I'm thinking a setting on my laptop is off somehow. Can the firewall block the connection locally and not remotely? I do have activex installed and the settings on IE enabled or set to prompt.

--Update--

I can connect to the DVR remotely from different location but still unable to connect locally. I can get to the login screen and enter user/password but still says login failed. I'm thinking a setting on my laptop is off somehow. Can the firewall block the connection locally and not remotely? I do have activex installed and the settings on IE enabled or set to prompt.

hi you have a internal and external ip. are you using the internal ip (local i,e 192.168.x.x) when trying to connect to your system from the same network

Yes, I'm using 192.168.x.x:x (port). It's connecting to the dvr login interface but can't get past user/password. When I remotely connect to it and use same user/password I connect just fine. Thanks

Yes, I'm using 192.168.x.x:x (port). It's connecting to the dvr login interface but can't get past user/password. When I remotely connect to it and use same user/password I connect just fine. Thanks

i would uninstall the active x command for your dvr from your pc and try loging in again.

hey people i need your help, i have a H.264 DVR digital video recorder (24 channel and 8 channel) both connected to three cameras in my company.

i can view these cameras on my local network but when i try to view it outside my network i get to the point when i have to put in a password and whatever password i put mostly the default password that comes with the dvr doesn't seem to work. i have done port-forwarding and natting on my router.

1 of the common mistake people doing is to check access permission ip list on dvr.

- go to network setting in dvr.

- check access permission tab or something similar.

- enter the starting ip and ending ip you want to allow these ip.

that,s it you will able to login to view within network and if you have configured port fwd properly

than you can access your dvr with the reference of your modem ip .

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:port no.

but i have stuck on next phase i want to access remotely when i type my ip address of dvr's network with port , i get in dvr application screen but there i cannt see any dvr list available. so i am unable to login as there is no dvr available to login .

what i am thinking..... that might be my ip is different and that network is different so there must be some way when i connect to that ip it give me access with the reference of its own network ip scheme.

will be looking fwd.