Sign in to follow this  
daniely87

Milestone Go + Sanyo Full HD cams (setting resolution)

Hey, I have set up milestone xprotect go, wonderful...can view my sanyo hd 3500p full HD dome ip cams...currently it is in jpeg and 1280x 1040 (something like that) not the 1920x.(max resolutoin....so basically not the highest resolution, when i change it to h.264 it loses connection with the camera. Basically, i am new to this, which format should i be recording in? When i go into the sanyo camera page, the 2 default streams are 1200ish by 1000ish in Jpeg. If i add a third stream the resolution choice drops. If i change the top stream to h264 and the top resolution, milestone also seemed to lose connection...any advice would be much appreciated!

another thing, a couple of times now, especially after power failures, the camera has failed to start, different one each time...why would this be? i end up having to unplug the poe cable into the switch and put it back in to make it work?

Thanks in advance.

a couple of times now, especially after power failures, the camera has failed to start, different one each time

this was a problem with sanyos. 3500s. and it cant be fixed with firmware. sanyo does do a full replacment.

they did release a S/ number or the cameras that had to go back.

Thanks for that. Do sanyo actually have a UK technical support number for cctv? in the box there was never a number or email, so i don't know how i could even return them to them! thanks again.

Thanks for that. Do sanyo actually have a UK technical support number for cctv? in the box there was never a number or email, so i don't know how i could even return them to them! thanks again.

your supplier should be able to help you. or contact norbain for contact details.

thank youuu! have contacted them! could you by any chance tell me if it's best to record in h264 or jpeg and if i should even be able to record from the maximum resolution? i think it was you that actually recommended sanyo cameras to me 8 months ago! they do seem pretty good value for money!

I can tell you that at max resolution, 5fps is the limit. I run both my sanyo's at 1920x1080 and 15fps. The quality is quite good compared to max res, and the added frame rate gives you more frames to look through on faster moving objects.

this was a problem with sanyos. 3500s. and it cant be fixed with firmware. sanyo does do a full replacment.

they did release a S/ number or the cameras that had to go back.

Anyone know what Serial number batch had issues ?

I have a HD2300 that is constantly dropping out and its on the latest firmware...