rvicker

Geovision software and Android app HOW?

Can anybody that has gotten the GV-Aview Android app to work detail how?

I've got GV 8.4 installed, WEBCAM enabled, 3G enabled, JPEG enabled, all the ports have been verified as open.

When I connect the GV-Aview app it gives me a black screen and then after about a minute a pop up that says "Connection to server error!".

This is setup to NVR/DVR view, port 8866 on the local network.

Thanks.

Those ports are open and I can telnet to them.

Actually 8866 is 18866 due to port conflict behind a NAT firewall. However the others are the same and also open.

Hi rvicker,

Please also change port settings in both NVR and aView:

1. NVR: go to network button> Network port Settings> change mobile port 8866 to 18866

2. aView: in NVR/DVR View tab> change the port 8866 to 18866

Please try again and let us know if this can solve your issue.

I'm having this same problem. I can connect with my iphone with no problem but the android app will not. Please help. Is there any setting changes from the iphone and android app?

Please try to connect our test site with your aView:

IP: webcam.geovision.com.tw

ID: test

PWD: test

Please note that we use mobile port 8866. So please be sure to input the correct port in your aView.

Please try to connect our test site with your aView:

IP: webcam.geovision.com.tw

ID: test

PWD: test

Please note that we use mobile port 8866. So please be sure to input the correct port in your aView.

Bump??????

Mine works very well. I've done everything you did. Did you double check passwords etc.

Can you get in remotely using a pc? If you can, then you should be ready to go. Can't connect to server tells me it's at the server but the system is blocking it.

Not much help here. I wonder if it's the phone? There is a new updated version of the app out. Give that a shot.

you can try the free Android demo for TotalControlApp (google it). see if that works for you. could be some setup issue. select Geovision and channel 1 as model in app when testing. no http:// either just use ip or domain name. port goes in port field only. user/pass case sensitive.

GVAView sucks, us IP Cam Viewer. The main thing i got stuck with was you have to enable JPEG under the network webcam option. if you dont it wont work. check that feature and see if it works.

We have quite a few 8.4.0.1 installations and upgrades out there and haven't had any difficulty with GV-AView.

Our biggest "problem" has been with customers with http ports other than 80 forgetting to append their IP address with :81 or whatever.