You can also use self amagamating tape.

Theres cable available at various lengths which is terminated in screwed connectors , these are waterproof very easy to fit and carry video and power down one cable.

You weren't employed by BT at one time were you? the last time, in fact the only times I heard anyone mention self amalganating tape or Tape-self amalganating was on BT.

Doug

You can also use self amagamating tape.

Theres cable available at various lengths which is terminated in screwed connectors , these are waterproof very easy to fit and carry video and power down one cable.

Agree VST_Man that normal heat shrink sleeving won't seal any joints.

However, I have used 'hot melt' adhesive lined sleeving in the past (you can have any colour you want, so long as it's black), and that will live quite happily underwater, provided it's done correctly.

Where in line BNC connectors are being sealed, the plugs (or sockets each have a couple of inches (about 5 cms.) of 12mm adhesive lined sleeve shrunk over the back end of them to bond with the cable, and then 16mm is shrunk over the complete length to provide a tough sealed outer tube.

I can't say how long it will last, but so far, I think twelve years and counting is about the longest

On some tower work I have done, I used linerless high voltage splice tape. The rolls we used were made by 3m and it was called 130C high voltage splice as I recall. Relatively cheap too like less than 10 dollars a roll. I have some connections that are on towers (talk about heat and cold and weather) that have been going for over 4 years... plus a good feature is if you have to unwrap the connection you can do it without making a mess. Now as far as the coax-seal product, it is a good product you can even lay a connection covered in that in a puddle, but it is a mess to get back off if you have to work on it. The real trick with the linerless splice is covering both sides of the connection, and doing 2 passes stretching the tape tight as you go. Now the connection you are trying to cover is it on the side of some housing, like one side of the connection sticking out of a housing or is it like 2 wire pieces you are splicing, as that can affect also what product you can use. It would be really hard to use linerless splice tape if you are trying to seal against some kind of a housing... in that scenario you would want the coax-seal putty.

-Marcus

Self amalgamating tape, used correctly will be totally waterproof.

Easiest & sometimes most practical for maintainance is Rory's method.