Sign in to follow this  
twinturbo

Let me know if im missing anything

Iv decided on a set up please let me know if its a good set up or if something is wrong (ie. not compatible, missing something etc etc).

-Averdigi EH1008H with 1TB HDD

-1 CNB LJL-205 (camera)

-2 CNB VBM-24VF

-2 CNB VCM-24VF

-Siamese Cable, 95% RG 59 + 18/2

-50ft computer extention VGA cable (for monitor)

-CCTV 12VDC 9 Channel 4.5 A power supply box (do I really need this?)

I thank you for all the help.

Iv decided on a set up please let me know if its a good set up or if something is wrong (ie. not compatible, missing something etc etc).

-1 CNB LJL-205 (camera)

-2 CNB VBM-24VF

-2 CNB VCM-24VF

I realize I will need bnc connectors, but I am unsure of which ones I'll need.

Seems like you may have it, how long will your cable runs be? Premade cables can be cheaper and already have both the BNC's and DC jacks installed.

Typically I use crimp on BNC's

Like these:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=bnc+crimp+connectors+rg59&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=8464818614484871792&sa=X&ei=OJEMTrSBK4-GsALHlaGWCg&ved=0CHAQ8gIwAw

Are you putting the monitor 50' away from the DVR? Ive used these:

[edit by mod-store link removed]

For a setup that required more than 50' they work great

Seems like you may have it, how long will your cable runs be? Premade cables can be cheaper and already have both the BNC's and DC jacks installed.

Typically I use crimp on BNC's

Like these:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=bnc+crimp+connectors+rg59&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=8464818614484871792&sa=X&ei=OJEMTrSBK4-GsALHlaGWCg&ved=0CHAQ8gIwAw

Are you putting the monitor 50' away from the DVR? Ive used these:

For a setup that required more than 50' they work great

Well I am not entirely sure how far the cameras will be (i know the location outside where I want the cameras), but the extra cable will come in handy for the addition of other cameras. Will not be further than 100' for sure.

As for the monitor cable I was thinking of putting the dvr in a hallway closet that would be central to the cameras and then running a wire to a tv that has a vga hook up in my room.

You prob need a 12 BNC plugs, usually siamese cable is RG59 cable and 6 amp power cable.

Although I used to use solder on DC plugs and sockets, I have started cutting them off and crimping chord end ferrules on and then connecting with conn block. There are several advantages to doing this especially outside.

Buy quality you can afford. Don't forget the strain relief sleeves If you don't have a crimp tool,

I would buy one then if you feel like you no longer need it, sell it on ebay. Don't be tempted to

solder on as solder can break down quite quickly in outdoor conditions.

Are you installing outside/ You could use some IP65 junction Boxes. A small piece of 1/4" ply is helpful.

I always make a template of the bracket end fixing and use it to mark my mounting holes.

It's cheaper than dropping a camera off a ladder, and a whole lot more comfortable.

It is helpful to have a power distribution box because you centralize your connections to a single location.

Again, there I have started using chord end ferrules on the DC power cable ends and after trimming them

they secure really well in the screw down terminals of your power box.

You sound like you've put some thought into your install. Hope it goes well.

For RG59 the twist-on BNCs should be fine. If you want to get fancy and spend more, go with compression or other options...

Personally, I would go with cat5 + baluns.

You will enjoy having a power distribution box! Its nice having it all connected to one PSU, instead of crazy wall-warts plugged in a strip!

With the VCM-24VFs there is a back-box that can contain you video + power connections. For the other cams, they can be connected to an outdoor electrical box to house connections...

The 9-port 12VDC PSU I used:

DSC_01153-1.jpg

VCM-24VF back-box:

DSC_0124-1.jpg

Store the DVR in a safe place! You will need something to send mouse movements all that way to the DVR, right?

With the VCM-24VFs there is a back-box that can contain you video + power connections. For the other cams, they can be connected to an outdoor electrical box to house connections...

BTW I managed to fit the BNC and power connections for the VBM inside the dome on one side, for the one I was testing here at my appt.

Dont forget an Automatic Voltage Regulator (AVR) or a UPS with AVR, to protect the entire system from surges and brownouts.

You will enjoy having a power distribution box! Its nice having it all connected to one PSU, instead of crazy wall-warts plugged in a strip!

The 9-port 12VDC PSU I used:

DSC_01153-1.jpg

Woow, still using PSU with regular fuses

there are special fuses? im looking for magic ones, do they exist?

there are special fuses? im looking for magic ones, do they exist?

Yep, they do exist for long time

PTC fuse

Yep, they do exist for long time

PTC fuse

Yes but I wouldnt wish PTC on my worst enemy " title="Applause" />

-1 CNB LJL-205 (camera)

-2 CNB VBM-24VF

-2 CNB VCM-24VF

i would wire you system in cat5 and order your CNB with utp. and just use a balun at the DVR/NVR end.

if you want to use RG59 then dont get the EH and get the SEB instead.

i would wire you system in cat5 and order your CNB with utp.

How does that work when they only sell them with BNC?

i would wire you system in cat5 and order your CNB with utp.

How does that work when they only sell them with BNC?

you can order any CNB to be UTP put UTP at the end of part number. any camera from internal dome right up to the 100m twin ir.

but the point i was making is the ops DVR/NVR is hybrid. which seems a waste to wire his system with RG59. the EH nano are geared around HD mp and mp cameras to get the benifit. if he wires in cat5 he can add or change later to mp.

if no ip is need then the op would be much better off going for the SEB unit

f_utp05-1.gif

you can order any CNB to be UTP put UTP at the end of part number.

Sure, if you buy direct from CNB.

But 99.9% of us buy from retailers or distributors so that and other options dont exist.

Yea, you really need to get a UPS (battery backup), with a built-in surge protector. AVR (voltage regulation) can be important if you live in an area with varying utility power (Like Rory! )

Yes but I wouldnt wish PTC on my worst enemy " title="Applause" />

That would be your choice

I used for long time and have no problem at all