rory

Any Image samples of Samsung TDN Bullets?

Looking at their non IR and IR ones for a job ... cant find any good samples though.

Several other TDN Bullets I tested over the past year have basically been junk, especially compared to TDN Bullets from a few years ago. Need something that works good, good day image and not a ton of noise at night like all the rest.

Edited by Guest

I just ordered a SCO-2370. 37x optical zoom/auto focus with setup over coax. IP68 rating. I will post pics when it arrives.

Here is a teaser. Looks to be very high quality construction. No cheapo here. I will post the pics as soon as I set it up

IMG-20110720-00117.jpg.f66c8a01e9bf2f4edbf9f43c6aaf7f41.jpg

As promised Rory, here is a pic of the road approx 150 feet from the camera. I love the zoom and the auto focus. This is not zoomed all the way in! I can zoom close enough to read the car tag on that Volvo SUV at 36X!

2011_07_26_19_24_02.jpg.42d527abbeefc88c483dbf4531d07565.jpg

Night. Can still tell this is a Chevy Pickup truck. There is some noise, but this can be expected when zoomed in and with no IR.

2011_07_26_20_16_15.jpg.8674bf75db70b18ac95894e4c3336c3d.jpg

thanks

is that on a GeoVision? Reason I asked is CNB always looks worse on Geo, pretty much like that one does, no idea why but I guess the Geo compression does not like the Monalisa somehow

No. This is an Avermedia SA9000ePro recording at 30fps at D1. Doubt there is much quality issue due to this dvr. Next cameras will probably be Samsung from initial impression.

CNB looks so much beter on the Dahua DVRs though

But yeah im passing them by from now on other than indoor applications.

Also quick question, did you or would you get a chance to test that camera with car headlights?

Im considering it for 2 entrance gates, it has that highlight compensation and might be good enough for headlights and cars.

My choice is a bunch of the bullets, the SCO-2080 and 2 of the SCO-2370, or box cameras and housings which would be alot more work, and money. Granted I need a gang box for each camera, its still less work than messing with separate lenses and housings.

It does have HLC with selectable levels, low, middle, high and mask tone. I have not tried it since the camera is not pointed directly at headlights or tags. It probably would work pretty good with the zoom and A/F though. It has the option to "smart" zoom into a preset zoom position upon motion. This would be very helpful at a gate or front door when a car pulls up. The zoom would zoom in and get a really nice picture of the tag or face then zoom back out when the motion is gone (dwell time). I did not use this feature, b/c the cars are going by way too fast for any zoom to zoom in. It does zoom rather quickly and focuses just as fast though. The zoom is unreal on this thing.

Ok my only question about the zoom is this, maybe you can let me know if you noticed this with these.

Ive used some older (few years) samsung box zoom cameras, actually they were preinstalled at a gas station looking at pumps by someone else, but everytime car lights hit them they adjust the focus essentially going blurry until the car lights go away. Seen anything like that with these?

There is a focus setting called "one push." In this setting the focus is set once zoomed in and will not adjust in and out at a set focal point. Focus is automatically adjusted once after zoom position is changed. I had the same problem when the focus was set to "auto" but changed it to one push and have not had a problem. The SCO-2080R does not have a/f lens. The SCO-2120R has a/f lens and 12x zoom plus IR. The SCO-2370 does not have IR but it does have the 37x zoom which is hard to beat. 12x may work in a majority of the situations as it is around 50mm zoom where 37x is around 140mm.

Yeah im looking at the SCO-2080 without IR as its for a fully lit car park and its going to be generally wide shots or at least no more zoomed in than 10mm. And then the one you have for the gates to zoom in on them.

I never use cat5 but looking at a couple options for that for this job also, maybe the Muxlabs 16 channel passive transceiver which is kind of cheap, and then separate baluns for all the cameras and can use active ones on the longest 500-600' ones if need be, though they claim passive can do 2200'. LOL. Reason for the cat5 is we can just run one large multipair down the car park and split off from that to each camera. Coax will take maybe 6-10 1000' rolls!

Altronix also have an interesting Active unit with 1A power per channel and also data, though thinking it might not be worth it if I cant use its power over cat5 if I cant run the power more than 350' - waiting to hear back from them on that.

Another thing I need to look at is the Samsung Portable controller, so would need cat5 connected to each camera for that, though it also works over coax. Might get that as a tool though, add it into the total cost. You should get one so dont have to keep going back and forth to the camera

http://www.samsungcctvusa.com/products/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=314

The client said to keep the quote low though so ... probably wont even get it ... either the wiring or the cat5 video transmission alone makes it high even with the cheapest cameras.

That controller is pretty neat. The setup is really simple without it since the a/f lens does all the work.

That controller is pretty neat. The setup is really simple without it since the a/f lens does all the work.

Interesting... But the specs say 1/4" CCD... Won't this make it a little narrow on the 3.5mm focal? I wonder why they didn't put 1/3 sensor?

Interesting... But the specs say 1/4" CCD... Won't this make it a little narrow on the 3.5mm focal? I wonder why they didn't put 1/3 sensor?

thats the zoom camera, most zoom/ptz are 1/4"

Night. Can still tell this is a Chevy Pickup truck. There is some noise, but this can be expected when zoomed in and with no IR.
Is this night or early evening? It looks like color and there is a shadow under the truck.