fal900

4 channel system

I am in the market for a 4 channel system looking at the revo 4 channel system or falco. Budget $500.00

Specs on both about the same. I realize revo has some sort of proprietary connectors.

Seems like systems in this price range are about the same just wondering what would be better overall between these 2 systems revo camera resolution are 540 lines with falco system I am looking at has 420 lines

any advise would be appreciated.

Hi. looking at both they are RJ connect systems. not a good thing to buy. cant add better cameras cant use any other make ..... look for BNC dvrs

I am in the market for a 4 channel system looking at the revo 4 channel system or falco. Budget $500.00

Specs on both about the same. I realize revo has some sort of proprietary connectors.

Seems like systems in this price range are about the same just wondering what would be better overall between these 2 systems revo camera resolution are 540 lines with falco system I am looking at has 420 lines

any advise would be appreciated.

Hello,

First of all, I am not sure are you in USA, if you are please familiarized you law there. Because CCTV is not allow equipped any audio.

If you are offshore, maybe is fine, as you required, it means you need RCA plug camera and DVR is caple of 4Ch audio recording.

First of all, I am not sure are you in USA, if you are please familiarized you law there. Because CCTV is not allow equipped any audio.

While it depends on the jurisdiction where they live, you do give good advice: ALWAYS check your local laws regarding the recording of audio.

Hi. looking at both they are RJ connect systems. not a good thing to buy. cant add better cameras cant use any other make ..... look for BNC dvrs

RJ12 connectors are perfect for the average DIY home/SMB owner.

I understand your quip about adding other cameras. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there are RJ12 --> BNC connectors that can easily solve the problem.

RJ12 connectors are perfect for the average DIY home/SMB owner.

Except you're stuck with that brand of camera if you want to add or change any in the future. Proprietary video connectors aren't good for anyone (that includes mini-DIN connectors as well).

I understand your quip about adding other cameras. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there are RJ12 --> BNC connectors that can easily solve the problem.

You're wrong.

There's no "standard" for connectors pinouts for cameras that use RJ11/12 and mini-DIN plugs; thus, there can be no standard adapter. With a four-pin plug, there are at least 24 different possible pin configurations; with a 6-pin plug, there are 720 possible configurations.

Despite this thread being six months old, the advice is the same: RUN SCREAMING from any DVR/camera system that uses RJ or mini-DIN connectors for the cameras.

For that matter, avoid all-inclusive package systems as well.

I said there was a way for connecting one to the other and you said I'm wrong and then right after, you change your main argument to "it's is too complicated because of..."

I'm sure the company who sells the system sells the adapter. No need to fret about the DIY home systems. They're easy to use, have remote access and ease of monitoring from mobile phones and other advantages.

I think we can all agree that the main purpose of a CCTV system is to act as a deterrent to crime. Non-DIY system pricing can get out of hand very quickly, especially with install fees or RMA issues.. With this one u can just buy it and if you don't like it or it doesn't meet your expectations, then you can simply return it to Costco within something like six months... Their return policy is very lenient.

Not everyone needs a 36x PTZ.. sometimes 420tvl SD Analog is more than enough for what they want to achieve.

Anyways, just my opinion.

I said there was a way for connecting one to the other and you said I'm wrong and then right after, you change your main argument to "it's is too complicated because of..."

I did not say that. Read again:

"There's no "standard" for connectors pinouts for cameras that use RJ11/12 and mini-DIN plugs; thus, there can be no standard adapter. With a four-pin plug, there are at least 24 different possible pin configurations; with a 6-pin plug, there are 720 possible configurations."

It's not "too complicated" - because of the number of possible combinations, it's NOT POSSIBLE TO CREATE A SINGLE STANDARD ADAPTER. You'd have to make a different one for every possible combination of pinouts, and then the potential customer would have to know which one his system used; using the wrong adapter would mean that at best the camera doesn't work right; at worst the camera gets fried.

I'm sure the company who sells the system sells the adapter.

Possibly. The adapter would still only be specific to that machine and any others that use the identical pinout, and yes, I have seen the connectors and pinouts vary even between different models of the same brand. At that point, why wouldn't they just use industry-standard connectors on the DVR in the first place?

No need to fret about the DIY home systems. They're easy to use, have remote access and ease of monitoring from mobile phones and other advantages.

Nobody's warning against DIY systems; we're warning against the ones that use proprietary camera connections like RJ or mini-DIN plugs. You're effectively locking yourself into that one manufacturer's equipment.

No need to fret about the DIY home systems.

I am surprised that you are saying this coming from a company who makes some of the best commercial grade surveillance equipment in the market. Those words you just spoke should be blasphemy at your company

Yeah only reason is because my mom had no idea how to operate the cams we set up at her place.

So I went to Costco and got her one of those Revo systems. Now she's showing off her iphone app to all her friends lol. She can control the garage door and the electric gate too. She's quite happy with it and I'm quite happy without the headaches hehe.

Yeah only reason is because my mom had no idea how to operate the cams we set up at her place.

So I went to Costco and got her one of those Revo systems. Now she's showing off her iphone app to all her friends lol. She can control the garage door and the electric gate too. She's quite happy with it and I'm quite happy without the headaches hehe.

Ha, I also installed one for my parents and gave them an iPhone to watch the cameras

make sure she updates the app - there are always new versions coming out