rory

What Box cameras are you using?

Just curious which ones you have had success with and for what type of applications.

Edited by Guest

Just curious which ones you have had success with and for what type of applications.

I expect you are referring to analog, but the Avigilon H.264 box with built-in lens is an exceptional camera for the price. I was amazed at the low light performance at full zoom.

Best,

Christopher

Yes analog

These people round here cant afford avigilon yet .. gotta wait till they win the lottery

I appreciate the heads up though

Check out the Vitek cameras. The VTC-C770WS has all of the features of the big brand cameras (including the Pixim Seawolf imager) at a much lower cost. As do the inMotion 10S1x1L and 11S1x1D, although we haven't had the chance to test and price them yet.

According to the inMotion sales rep, they will come with a 5-year warranty, too. The only manufacturer I know who beats that is Ikegami, who offers up to 10-year warranties on many of their cameras.

The company I work for uses mostly Bosch products as far as cameras go. We were gonna switch to GE but found that Bosch has better picture. Honeywell is just as good but a little more pricey.

I expect you are referring to analog, but the Avigilon H.264 box with built-in lens is an exceptional camera for the price. I was amazed at the low light performance at full zoom.

Best,

Christopher

Is that the 1 or 2MP version?

Analog: we have Bosch 495's and one 620 for general overview cameras, nice picture. We also have one Panasonic 484 for the basement door because it gets a lot of sun in the afternoon, set at 2x sense up to get a similar pic quality at night as the Bosch and like the auto focus when it changes day and night. The 620 has got to be my favorite, can turn the gain down to 16dB at night for a nice noise free picture and the "default shutter" option is great - with an auto iris you can set the slowest shutter speed (say 1/500s) and it will hold that as long as there is enough light. Not inexpensive and then you have to find 1/2" lenses...

Have one Sanyo VCC4594 but it switches back and forth about 10 times trying to decide if it wants to be day or night...have a BBM24F which has very good IR sensitivity but not that great a picture compared to the Bosch...

Have also been playing with a Watec 902C 1/2" and a 902A which has a good pic at night. Very limited controls but small camera. 902H3 has too much gain and is noisy (that's how they got that great low lux spec, lotsa gain).

Just an FYI, as this is not the IP camera sub forum, everything in this sub forum is about regular CCTV cameras, and anything that is not is moved.