I have a customer that wants a Time Lapse VCR for his system. Does not want a DVR. Any recomendations on a reliable Time Lapse vcr

Being that at this point in time you can buy a DVR for the same cost of a VCR ... there is no way i could sleep at night if i recommended a VCR ..

If its that you have a mux and just want recording .. GE has the VDR which is the same price of a decent VCR, and works the same, but it is digital and records to a HDD.

Otherwise, budget 4 channel DVRs have more features than a VCR, and are the same price or less than them, and come with LAN.

Rory

check out the VDR ... same price as a VCR .. same idea, just HDD instead, no LAN though. Use any Mux.

for a cheap 4 channel DVR with lan (that doesnt crash), even cheaper than a VCR or VDR, check out Powertellecom's R4000.

Rory

Edited by Guest

VDR is from GE Security. ..

http://www.geindustrial.com/cwc/products/ge-interlogix?pnlid=9&famid=63&catid=1088&id=VDR&lang=en_US

Mux is any Multiplexer ... im showing GE as they are great muxes ... but others work with the VDR also ..

http://www.geindustrial.com/ge-interlogix/kalatel/prd_multiplexer.html

Rory

PS. I heard it was in the 100's in arizona these days ... just when i though 98 degrees was hot!!

Edited by Guest

dont, i should have used the full word ... sorry dude ... i get ahead of myself sometimes ... proper word IS multiplexer

I have to learn the lingo some time. Where do I find the info on the Powertellecom's R4000 you recomended?

mind you its a distributor, so all end users sorry they only sell to dealers ...

actually you can get an entry level 4 channel DVR without LAN from AvTech, as a dealer, for around that same price.

Rory, I concur that you can find something within the range of the VCR pricing, but you also know that most of it and if not all of them are crap. Are they really getting true DVR or imitiation of DVR? Besides, eyeuc is very specific regarding to his customer's requirement using VCR rather than some off brand......

Levon

yeah i know ..

Hey, have you tested the thermal cameras from ganz, and if so do you have any images?

thanks

Rory

Yes... but if I show them to you, then I have to send our US forces to track you down

We have sold them maintly to military and in some governmental and NASA projects. I tell you that the results are really out of this world, including the price you pay for them... but then again, these type of cameras have a very specific uses, thus costs are justified. The one I like the most is the hand helf version with 20mm lens... You can see everything in a pitch dark environment and I could not belive the quality of the picture... and you can carry this pup on your belt!

Yeah saw that, the prices are even more outragous than extreme's

What kind of applications besides military do you think they are useful for .. just trying to see if i can justify adding them to my product list ..

rory

Police departments use the hand held one to find people who are hiding in the bushes or hiding in a very dark areas. It gives them an extra edge besides similar technology that is available with their helicompters, but not every police department has a helicopter to chase people...

Another application is using these cameras are gaming hunders (belive it or not, we had sold hand held ones to a group of hunters in Africa)....

Besides these uses, mainly military personnel...

I know that the pricing is much higher than Extreme's, but it is doing much more than any of the Extreme's equipment, thus justifying the cost. I love Extreme's equipment and also delivers the goods and it is a well built equipment..

Levon