ginogag

itouch

i have a avermedia 4 eyes pro dvr card in my desktop. I see it fine with external and local ip from my laptop. but when i log onto ip address from my itouch from my house using external ip i get DEPENDING ON INTERNET BANDWIDTH ,MAY TAKE A FEW MINUTES.......... and cameras never come up. Do you guys know if there are any settings on my desktop that can fix this problem? thanx

PS I HAVE AN ACTIONTEC VERIZON FIOS ROUTER IN MY HOUSE with supposedly 25mb up/25 mb down

thaks again

i get DEPENDING ON INTERNET BANDWIDTH ,MAY TAKE A FEW MINUTES

with this message it sounds like you are not using an APP. you will need to get the free app from itunes. and you will also need to portforward ports 5550 in your router directed to your dvr port.

i get DEPENDING ON INTERNET BANDWIDTH ,MAY TAKE A FEW MINUTES

with this message it sounds like you are not using an APP. you will need to get the free app from itunes. and you will also need to portforward ports 5550 in your router directed to your dvr port.

I am using a webcam app from iTunes and I have 5550 portforwarded That's how I see it on my laptop

Had actiontec tech support set up my router and all works fine

Just having problem with I touch. Thanx

DEPENDING ON INTERNET BANDWIDTH ,MAY TAKE A FEW MINUTES

if you are getting this message then it is looking for active x.

are you using I-Viewer app.

used many different apps , just downloaded aver i viewer , it already had port 5550, just put in ip ,username , and password and it says connection failed, iviewer screen comes up with no video

thanx

used many different apps , just downloaded aver i viewer , it already had port 5550, just put in ip ,username , and password and it says connection failed, iviewer screen comes up with no video

thanx

are you using your external ip. ??

yes i definitely am.............the actiontec guy told me THAT was my ex ip, i specifically asked him...starts with 173.....my local starts with 192.....unless he doesnt know what he is talking about, hope not

yes i definitely am.............the actiontec guy told me THAT was my ex ip, i specifically asked him...starts with 173.....my local starts with 192.....unless he doesnt know what he is talking about, hope not

when at home. you cant use your external ip. also your card may not be supported as it is 7 years old.

can you log on external with the new aver remote viewer ??

If it's like the NV3000/5000 etcetra, you have to go into the network setup in the avermedia software and enable handyview if I remember correctly.

If it's like the NV3000/5000 etcetra, you have to go into the network setup in the avermedia software and enable handyview if I remember correctly.

its the old 4eyes pro, .....but i got a question , does it matter which program it is , im just trying to view remotely , dont i just havve to have the port open and log on , im not an IT guy, but that would be my guess..........shouldnt i just be able to punch in ex ip and see it ,or maybe that avermedia is so ancient that i cant, I really thought it would be some kind of setting on itouch, but nothing on itouch says download active x..........maybe its something with apples web browser??????????

its the old 4eyes pro, .....but i got a question , does it matter which program it is , im just trying to view remotely , dont i just havve to have the port open and log on , im not an IT guy, but that would be my guess..........shouldnt i just be able to punch in ex ip and see it ,or maybe that avermedia is so ancient that i cant, I really thought it would be some kind of setting on itouch, but nothing on itouch says download active x..........maybe its something with apples web browser??????????

iphone or touch cant use active x thats why you need an app. have you been able to log on away from home with a pc ?

why can't you use external ip when at home? i don't get that. as long as dns is setup properly it should go out and come back in basically (or even use arp cache or router may forward locally right away based on cache route tables). is there some reason you can't use external ip at home? I'm curious what your reasoning would be for this.

when at home. you cant use your external ip. also your card may not be supported as it is 7 years old.

can you log on external with the new aver remote viewer ??

PM me and i will test it with a different itouch mobile app that supports this model and see what i come up with.

i have a avermedia 4 eyes pro dvr card in my desktop. I see it fine with external and local ip from my laptop. but when i log onto ip address from my itouch from my house using external ip i get DEPENDING ON INTERNET BANDWIDTH ,MAY TAKE A FEW MINUTES.......... and cameras never come up. Do you guys know if there are any settings on my desktop that can fix this problem? thanx

PS I HAVE AN ACTIONTEC VERIZON FIOS ROUTER IN MY HOUSE with supposedly 25mb up/25 mb down

thaks again