Adam Daley

Software Incompatible With Location

Anybody else getting these Software Incompatible With Location errors... i got them once on a DVR, last year, didnt know what it was. Now lately im getting them on a LOT of the DVR's in installing. So far about 10 or so DVR's have this error. I've asked GeoVision and they just ask me for the serial #, some of which I don't have as we installed them and forgot to write down serials. Other times i've given them the serial and they said they'd find out from corporate, but i never get a response back... im not sure whats going on, but we're installing DVR's for clients, they MUST say on, otherwise whats the point in a damn DVR. I cant risk having the DVR's turn off because of this error...

Usually its on a 32 channel system I see the error, but not everytime... anybody know whats causing this? 99% of the machines are running Windows XP Pro

Anybody else getting these Software Incompatible With Location errors... i got them once on a DVR, last year, didnt know what it was. Now lately im getting them on a LOT of the DVR's in installing. So far about 10 or so DVR's have this error. I've asked GeoVision and they just ask me for the serial #, some of which I don't have as we installed them and forgot to write down serials. Other times i've given them the serial and they said they'd find out from corporate, but i never get a response back... im not sure whats going on, but we're installing DVR's for clients, they MUST say on, otherwise whats the point in a damn DVR. I cant risk having the DVR's turn off because of this error...

Usually its on a 32 channel system I see the error, but not everytime... anybody know whats causing this? 99% of the machines are running Windows XP Pro

Hi adam. many companies in UK are droping geo. all as they are interested in at the moment is if the card or software is fake or not.

this problem seems to happen to geo cards when you have first done the build everything is fine. and you start seeing the problem when you add extra H/drive or connect to another network or even just adding a KVM mouse control.

geo does have a USB dongle for card and software authentication but they want silly money for it. i dont see the point in buying geo cards from a true distributor and having to buy a authentication dongle. should be given free to long time user of geo cards.

geo need to sort themselfs out.

Geo was good from 7.0-8.12 but then they started going downhill for DVRs.

Not sure if this problem exists with the NVR installed type of the software.

Ive never seen this error though myself, my issue is the requirement of literally a super computer now, and Win7 having issues with direct draw overlay using their Webcam/DMMultiview/Remote Viewlog software on certain Win7 computers - while other DVR's software tested on the same computers have no such issues.

yeah we're starting to get tired of the issues. Like you, we had no issues in the early 8.x days, worked great. My ghost image used that for a long time, then we FINALLY changed to the latest in our ghost... now we have issues constalty

PTZ's on mini-servers stop working via the web

These damn location errors constantly

Software stops running for who knows what reason, just closes and the DVR is left doing nothing

All these are new issues and nobody can seem to give me answers at geovision

yeah we're starting to get tired of the issues. Like you, we had no issues in the early 8.x days, worked great. My ghost image used that for a long time, then we FINALLY changed to the latest in our ghost... now we have issues constalty

PTZ's on mini-servers stop working via the web

These damn location errors constantly

Software stops running for who knows what reason, just closes and the DVR is left doing nothing

All these are new issues and nobody can seem to give me answers at geovision

I found the best answer was to stop using Geo and use something else

I found the best answer was to stop using Geo and use something else

same here, dahua rebranded, 3 minute install and its cheaper.

So you no longer sell GeoVision rory? I know you were a big supporter of their products for years... i still use their products but tired of the recent issues

Yeah thats me ... the last one i built was it, still have a few clients with them but trying to get them to switch.

The patch they provided on Geovision's website did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to fix the problem.

Upgrading to a higher version didn't help (from 8.4 to 8.5.3) on a brand new install.

For our issue with Windows 7 64-bit Premium (which GV said is not supported), we made the network to be a "home" network instead of "work".

It has worked 4 days without a hitch.

Thank god I did not have to sacrifice a chicken (this time).