duckhere

Looking for a connector cable.

I have been searching for a connector cable and I can't seem to locate it. Our ARM Electronics WDR camera has a 2 prong video test out port. Our ARM Electronics 4SMKIT (service monitor) has a BNC connector. ARM reports they don't have a cable to connect the two. I know now that we bought the wrong service monitor as other brands include this cable. Anyone have any idea where I can get this online? Does it have a specific name?

Thanks

Rob

I can't imagine a service monitor that would include this cable, since there are so many variations on the theme (size, polarity, keying, etc.). BNC would be standard, and a BNC-to-RCA adapter would be common, but few cameras I've see that use the two-pin connector have exactly the same fit or pinout.

Every CNB dome I've installed that has the two-pin service port, includes an RCA cable to plug into it, so I have literally dozens of them floating around. I could send you one, but I couldn't guarantee it would work with your camera - I ran into some Digital Watchdog domes recently, for example, that the connector fit, but had to be reversed to display properly.

a good test lead to have in your tool box is a BNC to micro clip. grips the poles well from monitor test point in the camera. plus its ideal to check cable at DVR end before you crimp your BNC.

for around $5 well worth having one with any BNC test monitor.

elencobncminigrabberT-1.jpg

ux_a08031900ux0030_ux_c-1.jpg

tl3-1.jpg

Why don't you send a copy of this photo to RS Components or Farnell electronics. Both these companies have helped me identify connectors from a photo in the past. That looks similar to an AMP military style connector I used to use for two way radio transmitters, but it's not the same series.

a good test lead to have in your tool box is a BNC to micro clip. grips the poles well from monitor test point in the camera. plus its ideal to check cable at DVR end before you crimp your BNC.

for around $5 well worth having one with any BNC test monitor.

elencobncminigrabberT-1.jpg

ux_a08031900ux0030_ux_c-1.jpg

tl3-1.jpg

Nice! These are normally sold as oscilloscope leads (since most of them use BNC connectors for inputs) but I never thought of using one this way.

Nice! These are normally sold as oscilloscope leads (since most of them use BNC connectors for inputs) but I never thought of using one this way

yes your spot on Matt oscilloscope leads. and have to be made well for there oscilloscope work so they do stand up to alot i have had my set for over 8 years

It does look like a standard 6-pin mini-DIN format, but finding something that will properly fit that threaded connector may be another challenge....