chewingyu

CCTV for home

run the cable. you'll stay in the "maintainable" box of CCTV and the cost will be lower since the old school technology is proven and available everywhere.

• Like 1

We use the Memocam in certain situations, but it is not regular cctv. We use it when people are going into things to steal e.g. we put one in a Coke vending machine (difficult to cover in factory & engineers had made their own keys), only recorded when somebody opened the machine & powered from the machine, very successful.

Don't forget with any system you need power.

Stick to normal cctv for domestic use as already advised.

• Like 1

Well, I do not intend to have it run 24/7 but only when I leave the house. I just want to monitor what my maid does at home when we are out. And we would be out, at the most, for 6 hours.

The Memocam is mainly used to pick up on movement in what should be empty rooms.

If you want to monitor staff think about a dvr walkman like the Archos (see earlier posts) with a pinhole camera. This has the advantage that you can use the Archos for other things (like recording dvds or music etc) when not using it for surveilance.

On 7/19/2005 at 2:27 PM, chewingyu said:

I am thinking of installing some cameras in my home but dread the idea of the cabling. I came across this website which is promoting this Memocam which requires no cables. All the video is captured in a memory card fitted in the device.

Any comments if this kind of set up is good (or not)?

http://www.eurekaplus.com/spycam-PIR-colour.html

I think the one which you are looking for is the Wireless Security Camera System with Remote Viewing. This setup is pretty cool since:

1. Hassle-Free Setup: Installing and setting up a P2P camera is simple since it addresses all of the concerns that have plagued CCTV cameras in the past. All you have to do now is set up the camera, download the phone app, and connect the two devices.
  2. Accessible Remote Viewing: If you're wondering, "Can I view my camera footage while on vacation?" or "Can I access the camera footage when outside my home wireless network?" the answer is yes! From anywhere in the globe, you may view HD quality live and recorded footage of your property.
  3. Simultaneous connection: While on a work trip, you may not always have time to watch the film from the previous day. P2P technology lets you and your family members to simultaneously view HD footage from your security camera. You may even play it on many devices at the same time, such as your phone or computer.

My personal favs:

• Reolink Argus2
  • Arlo Pro 4 Spotlight Camera
  • Wyse Cam V3

Good luck!

2 minutes ago, doublenerd said:

I think the one which you are looking for is the Wireless Security Camera System with Remote Viewing. This setup is pretty cool since:

1. Hassle-Free Setup: Installing and setting up a P2P camera is simple since it addresses all of the concerns that have plagued CCTV cameras in the past. All you have to do now is set up the camera, download the phone app, and connect the two devices.
  2. Accessible Remote Viewing: If you're wondering, "Can I view my camera footage while on vacation?" or "Can I access the camera footage when outside my home wireless network?" the answer is yes! From anywhere in the globe, you may view HD quality live and recorded footage of your property.
  3. Simultaneous connection: While on a work trip, you may not always have time to watch the film from the previous day. P2P technology lets you and your family members to simultaneously view HD footage from your security camera. You may even play it on many devices at the same time, such as your phone or computer.

My personal favs:

• Reolink Argus2
  • Arlo Pro 4 Spotlight Camera
  • Wyse Cam V3

Good luck!

When it comes to image, video, and sound quality, the Google Nest Cam (Battery) is fantastic. In addition, it addresses one of our major issues about the Nest Cam IQ by making most of its smart alerts available to those who do not have a Nest Aware membership.
Because the Ring Stick Up Cam Battery is wire-free, you have a lot of options for where you may install it. It's also one of the most economical security cameras you can use both indoors and outside, costing roughly $100. It's a great wireless camera for an Alexa-enabled smart home, however we wish it supported Google Assistant and HomeKit like Arlo.