Robert Oaks

What type of backup should I use?

We are installing digital video systems in about 75 commercial banks. We build our computers, and install a video card (usually Geovision). Most installations are usually 9 color cameras. We use the 30fps cards, and install 3, 120gb hard drives. We also install a CDRW unit, a 19" monitor in the lobby area, and a 15" monitor for setup at the computer location. What we do NOT have is a backup system. The system usually records about 2gb per day, 5 days a week, using (smart) motion only recording. We would greatly appreciate any input that you might have as to what types of backup system we might consider. Thank you very much. Robert

I adore kanguru backup drives. It is a hotswapable hard drive that looks like a huge tape drive. You can get the drives in all different sizes and it works excellent. This way you have an exact replica of the info on another hard drive rather than DVD, CD or TAPE. I also, as hard as you might laugh, love Genie Backup Wizard. The name is funny, the way it works isn't. It is a sure fire way to get the info on the system to the kanguru backup drive during the night. I usually set it up to start backing up @ 9 or 10 PM and in the morning they can remove the drive, insert another, and let it fly. BTW...if they don't want to take the drives with them at night for more security and protection against fire, theft, etc...you can just leave the drives in there and the backup wizard will overwrite the data every night I recommend the software and product to everyone who uses a server or PC based DVR...it works EXCELLENT!!!