blowrabbit

best interior dome for retail situations

what do you think is the best interior dome for retail applications with floresant lighting in a high res for the money ? i mean something with quality like the pano 484 sd III or ?

if you are a installer make sure you go with varifocal.why? The customer ALWAYS wants the view to be closer, wider, ect. after it is installed. i've found that the varifocal saves my butt and time addressing the customers quirks.

goto http://dvr-surveillance-cameras.com/

for the one i use. ***

if you are a DIY installer and understand focal lengths, purchase the dome with a set focal for each location. Otherwise, buy a vari and you can set it once it is installed. trust me, a vari cost more but if your expierence is low you'll save time and get the great view you want.

Pano 484 is an overkill and will not give you more, rather this camera is to be used for outdoor applications.

Use Ganz minidomes - they are great and provide very shart and crisp pictures for indoor applications. Here is one that we use more than any other dome - it is Ganz ZC-6039NHA series and it comes with various mounting hardware. It comes with hi res 480TVL camera and varifocal lens. Here is the spec sheet: http://www.cbcamerica.com/cctvprod/ganz/cams/domeCams/DomePDF/zcd6000_cut.pdf

Pricing is excellent and with 3 years warranty, you can not go wrong...

Levon

Yeah! Ganz makes great stuff, and its not as pricy as Panas, etc.

Yep Ganz Or Sunkwang, Bosch, Samsung enything made in

Japan, korea, Italy, Portugal LOL.

dont use inferiror gear pay 20 bucks extra and a get a good quality camera which will do the job PROPERLY...

my 2 c's

I like the Pelco ICS090 smoked hi res dome, its 480res and i get it for well under 200

its also very easy to install and very light - no worries about it falling out of a ceeling tile install

Pelco? I am always hearing horror stories about those, as far as I know, the only thing PELCO makes that is worthwhile is the spectra domes.

Herminshs,

a kid from Terryville here ....

Please permit me to put in a good word for PELCO. They have absolutely OUT-FRIGGIN'-STANDING technical and Customer support! I also think they have great products as well. Their pan-and-tilts are cost-effective, rugged and reliable (I would, however, sell my soul to see them offer an inexpensive serial p&t -- heck, I'd sell my soul to see anyone offer an inexpensive p & t!) and the Legacy Receiver/Driver (LRD41C2x-y et al) is another very cost-effective device, IMHO.

But I gotta say, on the strength of their customer service alone I think they're a good buy. They've made me look good on several occasions with free repairs or ultra-quick turnaround.

Hope all goes well for you in Waterbury. More years ago than I care to admit, I almost bought my second sports car there ... a li'l '63 Austin Healey. Just didn't have the money - fresh outta the Navy an' broke. Forty years later I still miss that car!

Best wishes from Seattle.

bill

Seattle, yah dont work for MS do yah

PS. I heard from several distributors that Pelco fixed dome cameras arent that great. I thought they only make housings now anywayz

Nope, don't work for Microsoft although they're a great place to work (and I am, or was, a programmer since '67).

re PELCO, don't know about their fixed domes, but I've had great success with their Spectra and Spectra SE domes (have three on this yacht: http://www.hometoys.com/htinews/oct04/articles/thermosight/watching.htm ). Lenses, servers, switchers, housings (including explosion-proof (well ... let's say 'resistant')). They make a ton o' stuff.

Actually, PELCO offers a what I think of as a large selection of products, but as I said earlier, to me, their real strength lies in their commitment to customer support.

Best wishes, Rory. I really envy you in Nassau ... must be beautiful there (can ya use any help? I can be there in three days).

Best wishes to all,

bill

Ha!!! You don't wanna be in nassau right now.....

And kool, the funny thing is that I am a NY boy, been here for 2 years, and today was the first day that I drove thru terryville.

Small world.

I've been installing the Pelco ICS090 for 3yrs and havent had one issue with the camera. I think some people just enjoying slamming Pelco for reasons I don't know.

Enjoy slamming who (the word almost came out of my mouth)? Yes my friend you do not know why and it is not called "slamming", it is rather called Vengeance. Chances are that you are not buying equipment directly from them, rather buying it from one of their distributors....

How will you feel if your manufacturer takes your customers away by circumventing you in a multiple times and tries to take your food away from your own family's table? Will you continue working with them and will you promote their products? Will you give such a company another chance? I have replaced more of their hardware throughout this industry than you installed them.

By the way, their equipment is crap and if they did not back it up with a good technical or customer service support, then it would have found itself in the buttom! They do not make anything. They OEM everything.

I am sure you will not buy this brand if you had the same experiences! I hope you do not have similar experiences, but you never know... This company is very well know to pick and choose their favorite distributors and dealers and they always play very dangerous games. Regardless how good their products are, they are missing a very important factor - that my friend is called professional integrity.

Levon

Levon,

I do work with a distributor not direct and havent had any experiences like the one you are talking about thank god. I'm just sharing my experience and am glad you let me know about yours. All i want to do is design and install good products for my customers. I dont care who makes it as long as i get good support when it breaks, etc.

I do not want you to change your perception about them, but I want our members to know the real company behind it, rather the hype that they created... Just because they donated 1 million dollars worth of equipment to New York after 9/11 does not constitute any change of heart from my part. That investment actually went very far, where President Bush mentioned their name in one of his speaches.... and because of it, somehow everyone should bow down.... no going to happen!

They my have a decent product line and they may have a good technical support, but all that is useless if their professional conduct is in question...

They have been screwing many out there and somehow, they are able to get away with it and do not know how. Many do not have a choice, as their product line is all they sell.. However, once you fully understand the product lines from other majors manufacturers (i.e. American Dynamics, Bosch, Panasonic, Sanyo, GE Security, Ganz, Mitsubishi and several others) and realize that you can do much more than what P...o offers, then you will be in much better position to offer more to your customers!

Levon

Gawd, Lyov! You aren't talking about PELCO, are you?

Man, I 've had nothing but success with PELCO equipment. And their commitment to customer support is absolutely outstanding. Admittedly, I have direct experience with only a few of the items in their catalog, but those few I've used have worked well.

I have three Spectra-series dome cams, a Legacy Receiver/Driver (LRD41C21-1) a PT570PP pan&tilt mount and a PELCO housing for another camera, all on an ultra-luxurious 80-foot yacht. Trust me, this owner wouldn't tolerate shoddy materials or workmanship, not after what he paid for the yacht. Bottom line is that he's pleased with the equipment. It takes some pretty well designed and manufactured equipment to withstand an at-sea deployment lasting literally months at a time. ( http://www.showboats.com/Articles/New-Notables/New-Notable-In-Disguise.asp ).

I think PELCO's equipment is fairly priced and quite reliable. The one failure I had with a Spectra dome after a year of service with another client was repaired free-of-charge by PELCO. Even the cost of transportation was borne entirely by PELCO. On yet another project, the PT570P and LRD41C21 I placed atop a crane in downtown Bellevue, WA lasted ... well, until the project died for lack of funding. Never had a problem with the PELCO equipment (or the Trango equipment for that matter).

Perhaps I misunderstood your post. In any event, sounds like you had a horrible experience whoever the manufacturer was. I'd be angry too, under those circumstances.

Best wishes,

bill

Naahhh, small boat

Went on a 200' the other day ... darn cruise ship almost ..!

the owners dont live in nassau, just cruise around and stay in the atlantic then come in for business only, as well as travel around the globe .. all aussies working on it, rich british guy, .. i think 9th richest in europe.

Bill, yes I am talking about the company that starts with letter "p" and ends with "o"!

I did not make comments on their product line, rather their unprofessional business ethics. I am sure you had a great success on their products and nothing I say can change that nor that is my intention. However, when you are involved in projects that take few hundred of their domes, switches, over 1,000+ cameras, etc., then you will realize their true colors...

There is nothing they carry that I can not replace with better and more cost effective equiment from major manufacturers! I have done it numerous times and I will continue replacing their equipment or taking our their spec out of as many designs as I can...

Just remember, as long as you are buying their equipment from a reputable distributor, then you are fine. However, once you have a drop ship substantial amount of equipment from their Clovis, California location, then watch out.... They will do what it takes to capture YOUR customer!

They may have mellowed down in recent years realizing that nobody will put up with their scrupulous business tactics, but it is too little and too late for me anyway...

Levon

ahhh, understood!

yeah, we're too small to be in that league. Your playin' way out of our league.

Best wishes,

bill

I'll only install outdoor cameras in Pelco housings. One of my employees talked me into using cheaper housings once, and when I go back to that job for followup calls I am embarrassed to see the hardware rusting, loose, mounts shake, and worse, dirt and water accumulating inside the housing. Never again.