QC444

FTP Snapshots of Detected Motion - records continously :-(

Morning,

I was wondering if someone could help shed some light on NAS (FTP) recording of Motion Detect events.

I'm able to get recordings, but it continuously records snap shots even though I specifically have it set to record MOTION only.

I can't figure out why it's doing this.

So instead of getting FTP recordings of just the Motion event it records frame after frame after frame....non stop. In short order I will have thousands of recorded frames rather than the snapshot of the detected motion.

Tried everything I can think of so hoping someone has a suggestion.

Thx in advance.

Do you mean snapshots or do you mean frame grabs? My own system is a bit unspecific about this

On my DVR snapshot means a recording overriding all settings, at a regular interval for a predetermined period. say ten minutes every hour. Whereas, if I export onto CD and use the external player, the viewer can take snapshots (frame grabs) from footage and create a still image from it. Snapshot doesn't mean the DVR takes a series of still images although thats essentially what a recording is. i.e. a 25fps recording is 25 still images strung together or the way I explain it to customers is up to 25 still images per second that can be extracted or played together. Yeah I know it's confusing.

It confused me for ages until I realized the manufacturer was being a bit sloppy with the terminology.

I'm able to get recordings, but it continuously records snap shots

it depends on your camera or DVR settings. sending snapshots you will also need to reset your pre and post alarm time and also the FTP can be set to a time or file size. the smaller the better.

No.

What I'm wanting is for a COPY of images that are sent to me as Motion Detect alerts (they are just photos, but I supposed they're frame grabs?)

I want that single frame copy sent and store on a server via FTP so I can review all motion detect frame grabs at a later date.

Right now it records continuous frame grabs one after the other non -stop so I get tons of individual files about 30k each.

I only want it to do this when there is a Motion Detect. Just that one frame.

I set up everything I could find to do this but it still sends a stream of frame grabs.

Hi what equipment do you have. ??

Motion Detect

on some cameras or dvr you will need to look for other settings other than motion detect. snap shots are part of alarm settings

I have the same issue with my Dahua. I'm guessing its a bug. Looking in the snapshot config section there is snapshot_timing and snapshot_trigger, but I can't get mine to actually save snapshot trigger.

I too am getting directories full of snapshots, one each second.