pka2why

Over the internet Transmition problem

Hi i am a noobie from the Dominican Republic on CCTV installation.

And i get across this situation:

We are installing a CCTV system on a Factory the only problem is that the only internet access they can have is a 3G router.

There is no way to do a port Forwarding on this kind of conection, and because of that we cant get the camera to transmit over the internet.

Any ideas or workarounds to fix this.

We also try to use some software as logmein, teamviewer or similar ones, but it seems the image from the camera wont be broadcast over this kind of services.

Thanks any help will be more than wellcome.

PD sorry for my english!!!

Instead of using a remote desktop program, try using a VPN program like LogMeIn Hamachi at both ends (I'm assuming this is a PC based DVR, since you mentioned trying other remote desktop products), and then use the remote client software to connect to the remote VPN IP address.

Hi. use a 3g/4g netgear router. then you can do your port forwarding. but you will find 3g a very expensive option unless you can get a security package 3g dongle from the likes of t-mobile or vodafone.

netgearE220-1.jpg

Instead of using a remote desktop program, try using a VPN program like LogMeIn Hamachi at both ends (I'm assuming this is a PC based DVR, since you mentioned trying other remote desktop products), and then use the remote client software to connect to the remote VPN IP address.

Thanks a lot for your fast reply....

but is not a PC based, we havent install yet, right now we are considering options.

We were testing before the actual instalation and we came across this little detail. Also your comment also give an idea, could i use a VPN router like strongVPN, and use a DVR ??

Hi. use a 3g/4g netgear router. then you can do your port forwarding. but you will find 3g a very expensive option unless you can get a security package 3g dongle from the likes of t-mobile or vodafone.

netgearE220-1.jpg

Thanks for your answer, but i forget to mention a litle detail. We are in the Domincan Republic, we dont have so many option. Right now is only Orange that can covert the area of the setup.

We are in the Domincan Republic, we dont have so many option. Right now is only Orange that can covert the area of the setup.

hi does not matter which dongle service you are using the router is the same. orange you would set everything up as yahoo

Use Hamachi on a PC upstream from the DVR/equipment. Use ICS (internet connection sharing) to connect your equipment to the VPN.

This is an intersting aproach, if i understand correctly what you are saying is that i need to have a

dvr and alos a PC ( PC to internet with hamachi adn the DVR on Conected to the PC, making online via ICS).

Have you done it before?

I find it quite interesting because i can use a Low Level PC that i already have.

I will test and let you know.

Thanks!!!

it will depend on what ip your 3g router is getting on the wlan side. if you are getting a public ip address then there is some hope for a workaround. if you are getting a private ip (10., 192., or 172.) for the Wlan (or what you would think is the public ip on the 3g router) then you are SOL as far as i can tell. this method is called double nat and is a huge problem for getting to something remotely behind the 3g router.

in the US most 3g routers get a regular public ip address but on 4g now i have been noticing they are doing this 2nd method where the Wlan ip is a 10. number and the private wifi hotspot lan is a 192. network. that is where the 'double' part of nat comes in. in those cases you are SOL for remote access to the 3g router. in fact it is causing a lot of headaches for VPN client setup also.

in these cases though the ISP is giving an option to pay for a public ip address (in this case at $500 one time fee which is ridiculous).

so you should check to see what kind of ip your 3g router is getting on the wlan first IMO and then figure out if you can do anything or not.