Sign in to follow this  
CCTV Dood

Why does my CCTV always flicker when it begins recording?

Hello!

I bought a storage options cctv starter kit

installed it and set it all up, as soon as motion dectection is sensed it begins to record footage

whenever it begins to record it flickers like crazy

i sent it back and got a brand new one and this one does exactly the same

any other possible causes for such interferance?

Thanks

what happens if it is on full 24/7 recording?

it does not have a full 24 hour recording function as its only a little camera with a small dvr and a 2gb sd card, however there is a function called "pre-recording", it just seems to go haywire, 5 or so seconds into the footage.

could be alot of things. for starters poor software design. or incompatible hard drive (eg. green HDD)

Is this a stand alone DVR or do you run software on your computer?

could be alot of things. for starters poor software design. or incompatible hard drive (eg. green HDD)

Is this a stand alone DVR or do you run software on your computer?

its one of these, its a small box with a SD card slot and it saves it all to that, to see the footage i just take the card out and plug it into the pc and watch it there

MN28352JPG-1.jpg

hi. sold by maplins / BT / and cashconvertors. dont expect it to do much. you need to set it to its lowest setting and dont have it pluged into your tv when it is operating

hi. sold by maplins / BT / and cashconvertors. dont expect it to do much. you need to set it to its lowest setting and dont have it pluged into your tv when it is operating

It is plugged in to my tv while its operating, i will look at the quality settings too, and see if it makes any difference

i shall unplug

thanks for the reply, ill let you know if it improves

interesting.

the movie quality was on somthing called Q1, i changed it to somthing called QVGA, the resolution is slightly smaller and a bit grainier however there was no sign of any flickering whatsoever this is much better.

this looks like a fix, ill check the footage again in a few days to make sure.

but good stuff

thanks for your time

I used to have a mini DVR kind of like this. Turn off the pre-record function and change back to D1 to see if that removed the flickering.

I used to have a mini DVR kind of like this. Turn off the pre-record function and change back to D1 to see if that removed the flickering.

ahhh, this is interesting. it seems to work better now. ill run a few more tests

thanks