Sign in to follow this  
shockwave199

Q-see MCS remote software demo

I did a youtube vid on how to install the multi client software for my 408 dvr. I'm not thrilled with the video quality but it's plenty good enough to at least demonstrate how to get the software up and running. The directions for the software, um, suck- so I hope this helps you q-seer's. I like the mcs mostly because of full screen view- something the active-x software lacks. I seriously can't wait to get my new cams in line next week. It's been great seeing my cameras, but getting better ones in line will be like getting new glasses! LOL! Not to mention, this vid compresses all the more. I'd redo it, but no time left. Hope it helps.

Dan

Good info! What cameras did you decide to order? Just got a CNB VCM-24VF yesterday for my front door. The Q-See bullets QSC-1352W

(Image Sensor: 1/3” Sony color CCD, 520TV lines) I got are just fine for seeing whats going on, especially when what I am looking at is 45-60 ft away.

Thanks. This vid's quality is bugging me- I may redo it. I've since realized that the reason why the time clock is so steady is because I didn't have it in LAN setting. Yes, the clock is steady but the stream rate is lower. It's not terrible, equal to about 15 fps, but I'm used to LAN being nearly real-time movement. The streaming lag only comes into play when I view remotely at work- their hodge-podge of a server and probaby slower internet as well makes it tough, but it is way better at LAN setting and lagging a little bit as opposed to a steady clock and reduced streaming rate. I'm still messing with it though- trying to find the right balance. That balance being not just the picture, but how useful the motion is if a problem really arises. I don't want someone crashing through the front door only to have me miss it visually because my streaming rate is so low in remote viewing. That reality has me rethinking placement a bit in some spots.

As far as my new cameras, I got all gadspots. I picked up one a few weeks ago and I'm really pleased with it, so I decided to get all eight channels worth of their cams. I got a couple different ones for certain areas. Look in the security camera forum here for my gadspot thread with pics. I might have bought better q-see cams but I'm not paying 100 bucks for a 520 tvl cam. Gadspots prices are much better considering this is all budget gear anyway and in my experience thus far, their cameras smoke q-see's anyway. You can be sure I'll be doing a demo of all the gadspots once their up for all to see and judge for themselves.

Btw- the cams you see in this vid are q-see 400tvl cmos cams. Fine during the day, but my biggest needs are at night and better cams are needed. In a couple years I'll probably get better ones yet again- such as TDN's.

Dan

After tweaking, all six channels are set to HD1, high bit rate, and 20fps. Now clock is stable in LAN setting. It was lowering the frame rate that helped the most. I went down to 15 and it locked in very nicely, so I pushed it to 20 and all is still good. But lowering the FPS allowed me to increase resolution and bit rate nicely. It's all a balancing act. I must have looked like a nut walking around my house with my laptop at 6am in the morning checking each location. But for now I have struck a good balance of streaming stability, picture quality, and real time movement in remote live feed. Very cool. Can't wait to get my final two cams in line- which might change the formula a little too. Did I mention I love this stuff? LOL!

Dan