koolmer

cameras getting RED on new NetvisionDVR card

I have a strange problem with a new DVR card that I bought. It is a low cost card from NetvisionDVR that has impressive specs, but I am having some trouble with it.

Link: http://www.netvisiondvr.com/ProductInfo.asp?id=101

The DVR that I build with the card replaced an old GE DVMRe that has worked with no problems for many years.

Now I have two cameras that become red and blurry regularly. It is really random - sometimes the cameras are fine for 1 week before becoming red and sometimes only for a few hours. Restarting the DVR ALWAYS handles the problem.

Red cameras: http://imageshack.us/g/8/red3g.jpg/

When I move or shake the camera cables between the DVR and the balun (I am using baluns on all cameras) sometimes the picture becomes normal and sometimes makes other cameras become red as well. Replacing the cable between the balun and the DVR did not change anything!

It seems to have something to do with bad connection, but then why does restaring always handle the problem? And then, the GE DVMRe didn't give any such problems.

What else can I try?

Edit: I contacted the Netvision Tech Support and they were not helpful at all. Even after explaining everything and sending pictures, the guy suggested that my cameras are broken...

I have used this same card for two identical pc's with no problem. Just make sure to install the correct driver for it. And use the latest version 6.62.

Try to use a different pci slot. Have you tried swapping the camera with a good camera on the same dvr and check if the issue follows the camera in question?

I have a strange problem with a new DVR card that I bought. It is a low cost card from NetvisionDVR that has impressive specs, but I am having some trouble with it.

The DVR that I build with the card replaced an old GE DVMRe that has worked with no problems for many years.

Now I have two cameras that become red and blurry regularly. It is really random - sometimes the cameras are fine for 1 week before becoming red and sometimes only for a few hours. Restarting the DVR ALWAYS handles the problem.

When I move or shake the camera cables between the DVR and the balun (I am using baluns on all cameras) sometimes the picture becomes normal and sometimes makes other cameras become red as well. Replacing the cable between the balun and the DVR did not change anything!

It seems to have something to do with bad connection, but then why does restaring always handle the problem? And then, the GE DVMRe didn't give any such problems.

What else can I try?

Edit: I contacted the Netvision Tech Support and they were not helpful at all. Even after explaining everything and sending pictures, the guy suggested that my cameras are broken...

What else can I try?

Hi there,

I'm from Netvision, and we do got your emails/pic, also checked the problem with the provider, they didn't met such problem either. We did ask you to switch the good channel with the bad ones, and doubt the problem would because of the cameras / PCI slot / PC, but then no reply from you.

Can you please test the card with newest version 6.62 on another computer? Also, you can try to connect from an analog camera to the bad channel(with red pic) by a coax cable when the camera turned to red.

There isn't any other customer met such problem, either the provider, also we tested here in our office with such cards but never happen such problem, so we have to test ourselves and with your help. You can email me at : support@netvisiondvr.com

Best Regards

Okay - so I did all that you asked. Switching the PCI slot did not help. I also switched the cameras and the problem stayed with the camera! The cameras work perfectly however. I connected the camera to a different device and picture was perfect.

I don't understand why this card is having trouble with the camera. Restarting the computer still handles the problem though. I will try using a different computer next, but this will take some time.

Edit: I am using version 6.62.

I put the card into an old P4 computer that I still had in a storage. It works perfectly now.

The computer that created the red pictures had a MSI GF615M-P33 motherboard and a AMD Sempron 145 CPU. I will avoid also the chipset (nForce 430) for future DVRs.

I put the card into an old P4 computer that I still had in a storage. It works perfectly now.

The computer that created the red pictures had a MSI GF615M-P33 motherboard and a AMD Sempron 145 CPU. I will avoid also the chipset (nForce 430) for future DVRs.

Thank you for telling us the problem and it is so happy to hear that you have solved the problem by switching a computer, I doubt there would be some problem with the motherboard of the computer, maybe not compatiable with the cards.

We will also ask our programmer to avoid such problem in the future.

This may not help you now but any others having ther same fault may want to check the cameras. More to the point you may want to check that the cameras are properly sealed up. Many cameras use a worm drive to open the iris and if dust gets into the camera housing it clings to the lube on the worm drive and the iris sticks causing the camera to go red.