seven_auz

My cctv on my website, needs tips

Any help is appreciated in Advance.

well guys, i am facing this situation for the first time, if there is a previous post, or someone already faced the same situation, kindly do reply me, thanks

we have a 16 channel dvr, already accessing from our site office in our main office.

Now i need to make available some cctv let say cctv 9 to our company website. The Dvr is Ip based, the cams at backend using coax.

How i can make available one cctv to our website. I can use pc based dvr to plug one cctv their ...but i don't know how to stream it to website.

with thanks

Thanks ABAN-CCTV-Camera for your reply.

well we are using SuperGuard 16 channel dvr, that have ddns support, which we use for remote access port forwarding etc.

The software is it's builting software(out station for two weeks, not sure about it).

The Dvr has all the essential network etc support with TB Hard Disk.

the thing i need to do is do stream one cctv to our website for advertising pupose, just when people visit our website, they can view the live streaming over website, no need to login..etc..

With Thanks

never heard of it and cant find it on a google search

do you have any photo of it, or a screenshot of the software?

Actually i am outstation for a weak or two.

I'm very new to this concept ...

My working colleague just provide me that info.

Thanks for your reply rory.

would you please tell me what functionality you want to see? so i ask m Collegue to search that features, so we go with settings... it will be ok like that?

thanks

so what you are asking is how to link you live video feed to your website? its pretty complicated, do you have a site manager or someone capable of writing scripts? what purpose would it benefit you to have a live feed on your website. i have compare and contrast on mine, and it seems to drive a good amount of clients my way. record something, thumb it, upload, walllah but if its necessary I will point you to someone will know the answer.

well, unfortunately i don't have anyone a site manager or a script programer. by myself i don't have enough knowledge.

well it's general purpose, charity kinda thing, where our company is maintaining a park and they want a live streaming on website of the specific cctv for profile sack to spread a positive message.

Any Help/easy way to do so will be Much Appreciated!!

Thanks

easier solution in my opinion would just link the ddns to your site and see if you can run it open? if not using an iframe then embed the code into that frame... wahlahhh!

easier solution in my opinion would just link the ddns to your site and see if you can run it open? if not using an iframe then embed the code into that frame... wahlahhh!

wish it was that simple. first we do need the spec of your dvr. if you need software to view your system by remote then that is another problem.

Like tom said. Its not a simple solution. there is definitely some software programming as well as some scripting. if you come up with a solution let me know. the problem is you login id and pw to that site. somehow you are going to have to stream that ddns open to be able to just go to the site and view it.

well thanks guys for input.

well the dvr supports, ddns, http, etc etc, we are already accessing this dvr in our office through port forwarding and ddns from remote locations.

but now there is a need of streaming some of the cctv directly to our own website. so if someone visit there, they can view there online.

thanks

I cant find that DVR listed, we need to know the brand or model to be able to find out what it is capable of, thought it is rare to find a stand alone DVR that supports anything but ActiveX in a web browser.

In that case the easiest would be to build it off the activeX control available for that DVR, and tell the visitors that in order to view the demo they need to open it in IE .... or you could even put the ActiveX control in a simple small VB6 EXE and have them download it . just another thought but it would take some programming experience (could outsource it for cheap though).

Another way to do it is with something like Justin.tv or livestream.com - basically open IE or the remote software on a PC that is always on, connect to the cameras, then capture the desktop, which will stream it to those sites - then you can embed the video from those sites into a webpage as it is now flash.

Thanks Really appreciated.

Well that Model was sent to me by my colleague, next week i have to go back to my station, so i will check it by myself, then i can say the exact thing.

If i want to have a pc for this purpose, which PCI DVR card i should buy? with Which software that can come up with my needs successfully?

Is it possible to send it directly to own website rather then to send it to other streaming website?(if my dvr is capable of functionalities that is important for streaming, if i get it next week, so then )

Thanks for reply,

The dvr don't support ftp, i'm still trying to figure out something, to get the goal, but untill now not succeeded,

Thanks and much appreciations for any help.