quackcom08

NEED HELP WITH IR CAMERA AT NIGHT

Hi my name is Jake and I am having an issue with one of my cameras at night. Its for a golf course maintenance shop. There are a total of 4 camera and all but 1 are working correctly. At night the camera picture is very poor and almost all gray. I have replaced the camera once and gave it its own power supply with a 2amp output thinking maybe it wasn't getting enough juice to power the LED's. Our parts distributor mentioned it could be getting radio interference with the 2-way radio system they have and i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so how can i fix it?

The camera is a Nuvico CB-HD39N-L

• 1/3” CCD Sensor

• 600 TV Lines (Color), 650 TV Lines (B/W)

• 2.8~11mm, DC Auto Iris Lens

• Day/Night Functionality with ICR

• 0.2 Lux (Color), 0.00 Lux (B/W, IR LEDs On)

• 24 IR LEDs (Up to 50ft.)

• Smart IR - Automatic Intensity Adjustment

• IR LED On/Off Switch

• 0.2 Lux (Color), 0.00 Lux (B/W, IR LEDs On)

• DNR: Digital Noise Reduction

• AWB: Automatic Tracking White Balance

• HLC: High Light Compensation (BMB)

• DWDR: Digital Wide Dynamic Range

• Service Monitor Output

• 12VDC/24VAC Dual Voltage

here is the camera during the day IMG_0635-1.png

here is the camera during the night IMG_0627-1.png

You need to fit another IR flood on that to get any light oruse a halogen flood with a PIR on it so when someone comes past the Tanks it comes on giving you more light

IR all in one cameras never have the distance claimed by makers

First off, I think this is a rather cheap camera. That is why its performance is sub-standard. Online, they are selling it above $130, which is surprising, as it should be selling for $40-80.

It only has a very small ring of IR LEDs. Bottom line is you need more light. So either put up some motion-flood-lights, or install a bigger, separate IR array.

i have used this camera many times and im very pleased with the results,the distance from the shed to the tanks is 30ft which is not that far and i have installed this same model to view at 70+ feet. Now the only difference is that this place has a 2-way radio and the antenna is only 1 1/2ft away. could there be an interference between the RFW on the 2way causing the iris not to fully open or turn on the LED's because that is whats being said to me by our dealer and Ive never ran into that problem, have any of you had trouble with 2-way radio interference?

The Nuvico CB-HD39N-L has not been made by them for a while. and when they did the IR had a bad range of 25ft.

in your night shot you can see the IR is not getting in range. (you have a stainless pot in the picture) you should atleast see some IR reflect of that if in range.

Doesnt look like the IR is on, or if it is the distance to the object is out of the IR reach.

Make sure that IR LED switch is turned on.

If you zoom the camera out wide, or point it to the ground what does it look like?

To answer the OP's question: No. Radio interference has absolutely nothing to do with it. Radio interference might scramble a picture for the brief moment the radio is transmitting, but that's pretty rare. The radio interference will not affect night vision or normal camera operation.

As other's have said, either the IR's aren't working or they aren't powerful enough.

In my opinion, Night vision cameras have built in infrared LEDs around the lens, which come on automatically when it detects low light conditions. Infra red lights glow red once they are on and do not emit any light, which is visible to the human eye.

How long a run of cable do you have between the power supply and the camera? What size is your power feed line?