Joel Mateo

Do most PTZ Analog Cameras memorize the Zoom in a preset?

I understand that PTZ cameras imply that they can all pan, tilt, and zoom. Many have preset positions. My question is for preset positions is it typical for the camera to store/memorize the zoom position? Does it matter if it is a "relative" or "absolute" zoom. Is this something on only higher-end PTZ cameras or typical for most analog PTZ cameras.

Some do and some dont. The lower end PTZ's normally only memorize the Pan/Tilt position. Reason being is because they simply put a zoom camera inside the pan/tilt head and the zoom camera they use normally doesnt have preset capabilities.

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to anticipate customers expectations when purchasing. Many suppliers do not specifically state whether or not the Preset is for Zoom.

I hear ya. Best way is to just ask the supplier of that particular camera just to make sure. If they are unable to answer, move on and find another.

Not to blow my own horn or anything but the Hitron Fastrax PTZ series will save any and all setting to a preset including zoom, exposure and focus. You can find this under in the OSD menu under "Individual preset".

I believe Pelco's PTZ line has the same feature.

Best Regards,

Chuck