towermaintenance

Recommendation - camera for bright sunlight background

Purchased buildling with existing Bosch camera system. Camera looking at front entry = 15 feet away (bright sunlight in the background) is bad. I know I have to look for BLC and WDR. Anything proven camera that you would feel good recommending? Thanks

I haven't used them (because they are like $400+), but apparently Panasonic's WV-NW484S is like the best WDR you can get.

Many other members will agree I'm sure...

Panasonic SuperDynamic is definitely the way to go. WV-CW484 (dome) or CP484 (box) are the older SDIII and they're pretty much the gold standard. The newer 504 version (SD5) works at least as well (although, I did some experimenting with a 2MP SD5 model and found using the BLC and "adaptive black stretch" settings worked better than the SD5 for severe backlighting, at least in my bench tests).

Purchased buildling with existing Bosch camera system. Camera looking at front entry = 15 feet away (bright sunlight in the background) is bad. I know I have to look for BLC and WDR. Anything proven camera that you would feel good recommending? Thanks

also another good pixim camera.

http://www.koreacctv.com/eng/product/product_view.php?ac_id=87&ai_id=558

I've used alot of the Bosch dinion cameras but now use Clinton Electronics pixim cams. Better picture for $100 less