mattius

Software to convert webcam to ipcamera?

Is there any software i can run to convert a webcam connected to a pc to an ipcamera so i can link it up to my existing setup?

I would guess, nothing that's going to be cost-effective... you'll probably find it cheaper just to get an equivalent IP cam, and that will certainly be far less hassle.

Depends on the camera. Some use MotionJPEG, some use MPEG-4, some H.264... some support multiple stream types, sometimes even simultaneous streams. Some have composite video output as well (NTSC/PAL), some even have HDMI out.

is that software able to output an ip stream?

or is it just the usual webcam cctv software? i dont need that i already have a system, just have a couple of webcams i would like to integrate using the same software as the existing cameras

is that software able to output an ip stream?

or is it just the usual webcam cctv software? i dont need that i already have a system, just have a couple of webcams i would like to integrate using the same software as the existing cameras

do you have a system that takes ip ?

You could do this with ffmpeg running on a little linux server. Not sure if there is a Windows port or not.

One might be able to use VLC to receive the camera stream and rebroadcast it as an MPEG4 or H.264 stream, come to think of it...

Still gonna be clunky to implement and probably not work all that well.

yeah i have an ip capable system in place already.

tried that software, but no joy.

will give vlc a bash. its run on a server so being clunky isnt too much of an issue

yeah i have an ip capable system in place already.

tried that software, but no joy.

will give vlc a bash. its run on a server so being clunky isnt too much of an issue

i would look at a few posts back. like soundy has said just buy a cheap ip like a foscam it will save you alot of time and effort. a web cam is going to give you bad images. then you have to leave the pc on just to run your webcam.

what software are you using with your ip cams

its really just to keep an eye on the server room, have a few webcams lying about so thought might put them to good use.

being a server room plenty of servers to plug it into that are on 24/7

cant remember name of software, will check.