dseven

Help with multi screen install

I'm a complete newbie to all this so please excuse if my explanation is not too good !

I'm installing a CCTV Kit into a new build house, (From Scratch) the output on the CCTV DVR is a VGA 15Pin, but i want this to be available to view on a particular channel on maybe 3or4 tv's in the house.

What is the best or only way to do this?

THANKS

You should also have a spot out on the back for output. Technically you are only supposed to have one output for the main screen and then you can have either one spot out or a spot out for each camera that will essentially display just that one on the screen you choose. The spot out function works the same way, but depending on the DVR you can select which cameras you want it to display, but some DVR's will only let you display one, generally camera one so whichever camera is on cam 1 will be the spot out. You can run a spot out to a splitter and whala. The bnc out can be a converted to just an RCA so the yellow plug of the red, white and yellow. If that won't work then you can get a splitter for the VGA and in theory split that out, but I haven't personally tried it so maybe someone else can chime in on that one.

Side note. You can split out the camera signal at the camera too, without needed to go all the way back to the DVR. So, if your TV is close to a cam and the run is easy just do it there.

There are also some more complicated ways to do it like adding a video server to your install and running it into your home cable system so its on a channel.