designsystem

What browser are you using? What cameras? Do you have any kind of popup blockers, script blockers, etc.? If you're seeing this, it means the browser isn't properly interpreting or displaying the HTML code the camera is sending it.

Hi soundy and thanks fir your reply, am using internet explorer, and have no pop ups on and looked and changed about the script settings to no avail, its an IP-Encoder with sound and a PTZ on it, alaways seemes to be something, the tech guys no help god knows

its trying to redirect to:

http://ip/cgi-bin/login.cgi

Typically it wont get there though without login verification from a form and server side script.

If its not redirecting, check you have javascript enabled.

Thanks Rory checked the javascript and its enabled tried other things on the internet settings too, waiting on the tech guy getting back to me surely since am using windows 7 he sholud know whats doing or not doing..

Thanks Rory checked the javascript and its enabled tried other things on the internet settings too, waiting on the tech guy getting back to me surely since am using windows 7 he sholud know whats doing or not doing..

are you using the software that came with your encoder ?

Thats maybe what the problem is, cause it doesn't work on the downloaded software from the internet i bet ye it works on the cd that came with it like you say, will have to try that later when I get to site, been used to dvr's which don't need the software

thanks for the tip boss

thought so...anyway thanks for putting me straight, anybody recommend a good ip-encoder that takes audio?

why are some 300-400 and others 100 is it some are good and some are ****

anybody recommend a good ip-encoder that takes audio?

axis.com

it really depends on your needs

for instance

industrial: moxa

outdoor: bwa direx-pro

axis, bosch, stardot are more expensive ones but they use better hardware

vivotek makes a decent one that is affordable also (not as cheap as aviosys below though)

why are some 300-400 and others 100 is it some are good and some are ****

typically hardware specs

cheapest decent one i have run into is the aviosys 9100a (4 channel encoder and is only about $80 at amazon.com). the catch with this one though is that the regular web page video acts like a multiplexer and round robins the video showing on the page instead of showing individual channels in different areas on the screen. if you want regular way of viewing you need to change firmware to free yoics firmware for 9100a as shown here http://www.yoics.com/2008/06/aviosys-9100/