jeromephone

Greo systems running slow

I have two geo system Gv-800 and gv1200 one is 16 channel and one 32. These system both ran fine for about a year now they are running extremely slow. I have checked storage space on each system and it is adaquate. I am thinking of increasing the memory but am not sure if that would help everything functions fine but is extreemly slow a reboot to the geo system takes about 8 min but when stuff finally comes up it is OK but the frame rate of the live view seems choppy. What should I be checking? Thanks for any help.

check this post:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=26398&p=160854#p160854

Basically shut down Geo and do a full cleanup of the system.

I would also reformat the video data drives unless you need some of the video, in that case do a defrag but that can take long if the drives are full. Then do a database repair.

Also make sure there are no viruses or other malware.

Run Hijack this and send me the results or post it here.

Bad hard drive can cause the system to run slow also.

What OS is it and was automatic update enabled? (causes more issues than its worth)

Check the tweaks in my post on that thread.

What else is installed?

What are the PC specs and what version Geo?

Are you reccording on the C: drive at all and do you havea virus checker on the DVR.. new files created every few mins so virus checker never gets to finish a scan... also if you keep recording to C: you will strangle the swap file