Hey Guys,

What do you know about I3 DVRs?? Has anyone ever used them and if so, please give me your assessments... Can you tell me who the manufacturer is?

Thanks,

Levon

Rory,

I do not know anything about Kodicom... Are they the manufacturer and I3 is just OEMing the hardware???

Levon

not sure, but Kodicom is a manufacturer out of Korea, they have been making stand alone DVRs from the Kalatel days, another very good stand alone actually.

So far if I understand it correctly, I3 is not the manufacturer, rather OEMing the equipment from Kodicom and making their changes in their facility...

Has anyone used their products?? Some of the specs that I read are impressive, but with all the b.s. hype out there, I am not convinced that it is all that and bag of chips....

If you can share any information based on facts or any experience that anyone may have had before will be greatly appreciated.

Levon

Rory, is Kodicom really that good? I will take your word for it...

According to my initial assessment, they offer 480FPS display resolution and 112FPS recording speed?? I do not understand... So, this is not a full 480FPS recorder, rather 480FPS display. Now, if they are offering 112FPS recording speed, what good is it, when the majority of the recorders are recording 120FPS or higher... that means their record speed is substandard...

Let me rephrase my questions.

1. Has anyone worked I3 DVR?

2. What was your first and last impressions of these units?

3. Where are the gutchas?

4. If you are selling me this DVR, what are the attractive points and why?

5. I see that this DVR comes with 1 year warranty, again substandard warranty in the DVR world. Has anyone had any problems during this warranty?

6. How is their customer service? Are they responsive or just another Pano attitude?

7. How do they handle warranty repairs?

8. Are there any advanced replacements for the defective units within warranty period?

9. What exactly happens after the warranty is over and how do they handle the repair costs for their equipment outside of the warranty?

10. What is the overall experience that you may have had with this during and after the warranty period?

May be these are too many questions, but to make any initial or long term investment with any manufacturer or a company, someone will be asking these questions if not more questions...

Any takers? Give me your best shut and give me all the pros and cons that you know or experienced with this product line. No hype please, just facts and real results...

Thanks,

Levon

Levon ive never used them, just know they have been around from way back when ..

Say Security sells them (kodicom), and another member on here Kaysedeya has also used one ... there are quite a few of them out there, just type in "webdvr" in a google search for kodicom and i3 DVRs

Also, there is an i3 rep on this forum somewhere ...

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1676&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=i3dvr&start=0

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1319&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=i3dvr&start=0

Well I don't have direct experience with them but I had a pub call me to try and fix their unit because it kept on crashing.

They have a 16 camera system and was running win98. Not the best OS for this type of thing. So i bought them win2k, changed Power Supply Unit from 200W to 450W and upgraded video card.

They mentioned they shipped the unit back a few times but never got it working. It seemed to me the specs were bare requirements for the card way underpowered for what it had to do.

Works fine ever since. Hopefully this was an isolated incident as I find Kodicom the best program around for PC DVRs.

he's talking about the PC cards that are hidden on Kodicoms web site ... somewhere ..

I think its the DN4416. Manufacturing date was early 2000.

All of the Kodicom PC based ones are winblows. If you goto their site it's all under PC Based DVR

they don't . I never said it was a pirated card. It was the real deal

by that i mean the whole unit was brought from them