pg55

Aver EH1000H-4 Nano RS Agent setup for ddns?

I can see my cams with RS agent by setting the ip address, port 80, user id and password . problem is that the ip keeps changing if I have power failure, modem problem etc which being a pppo2 it suppose to do. I did register with ddns avers.com . I did set up the password, name of the ddns in the EH100H-4.

Now how do i setup RS agent to use ddns? What ip address do I use? what port do I use( 80 or 1053?), what user name and password I use? Thanks and I hope i have this in the right section.

Fort starters, you should manually enter an IP address for your DVR to use. right now the router/modem is telling the DVR what IP to use, but that will change. There should be settings for that in the DVR config.

OK I can do that. I guess it will just take the one there. Once I hit the "Using the following IP address" wouldn't it unmark the PPPOE option. I do not have the DVR here, about 80miles away. Would I be able to view thru the internet from the outside then without the pppo2 password/user name?

I did register with ddns avers.com

this service is down till wednesday it was taken off line to move.

what port do I use( 80 or 1053?),

you also need to use port 5550 and 1053 for avers ddns. and you will need to use port 5550 at the end to log in. http:// yourip:5550

I've go this DVR; I now wished I had bought the 8 channel one. Is there anyway I could activate the other disabled channels (like all 16 of em )?

Fort starters, you should manually enter an IP address for your DVR to use. right now the router/modem is telling the DVR what IP to use, but that will change. There should be settings for that in the DVR config.

This is good advise, and all that is needed, but I also enter the MAC address of the device (e.g. DVR) in the router and map it to that same IP address. I do this for all the devices on my LAN. I use it sort of like documentation. I can open the router and see all the IP address assignments for all the stuff that is attached to my LAN.

Best,

Christopher