Michelangelo

Sanyo HD3300P low light capabilities

Hi guys!

Any opinions if this camera performs well at low light?

Given its the same as the 2300 but in an armor dome, and having just installed one. I'd say it's very good.

Don't ask for a ss, the job site is a 4hr drive away

Overall, those Sanyo cameras have performed very well for us, we have installed well over a hundred cameras of various models from that line.

Unfortunately, Sanyo was sold to Panasonic recently, and have closed the security division (evidently, Panasonic bought Sanyo for their refrigerator and rechargeable battery divisions, and are closing down other departments).

I'm testing a few replacements, but if anybody has a suggestion of a dome camera that installs and works as well as the Sanyo, I'm all ears!

Overall, those Sanyo cameras have performed very well for us, we have installed well over a hundred cameras of various models from that line.

Unfortunately, Sanyo was sold to Panasonic recently, and have closed the security division (evidently, Panasonic bought Sanyo for their refrigerator and rechargeable battery divisions, and are closing down other departments).

I'm testing a few replacements, but if anybody has a suggestion of a dome camera that installs and works as well as the Sanyo, I'm all ears!

The only problem I have with the Sanyo's is the stupid place they've put the RJ45 jack on the armour domes.

For those that don't know, the jack sits flush with the base of the dome meaning that you can't actually run the cable in from the side.

PS What's your source on the ceasing of production of the cameras. I've not found any reference to it despite keeping my eye out given the recent acquisition by Panasonic 12 mths ago.

yeah the sanyo dome i was testing the socket was not quite flush so could not be mounted without a bracket. I did not know they had been sold to panasonic though which is a shame because their other cameras were great too....if you cant beat your competition buy them and shut them down

They have (had?) a backbox we always used to mount them with, part# VA-85BX. That way, you had plenty of room for connectors, and conduit side entry, if necessary.

HAHA I ordered one of them from my distributor months ago and they never got any in stock. Need less to say I never got them.

They have (had?) a backbox we always used to mount them with, part# VA-85BX. That way, you had plenty of room for connectors, and conduit side entry, if necessary.

HAHA I ordered one of them from my distributor months ago and they never got any in stock. Need less to say I never got them.

Weird. It took one google to find a place that "says" they have 4 in stock. OTOH, it isn't anyone I've done business with, so who knows if they really have any.

Weird. It took one google to find a place that "says" they have 4 in stock. OTOH, it isn't anyone I've done business with, so who knows if they really have any.

Bike_rider..... as integrators we do not purchase through online resellers we buy Sanyo though our disturbution channels.... Thanks for the info though.