namahs

Basic CCTV system design recommendation

We live in NYC, in a semi detached house with a private driveway (my poor drawing skills below will give a better visual). We've been looking to install a security system in our house ever since we received half a dozen of scratches in our new car. When it comes to security cameras I have no idea where to go besides seeing QSEE models in the wholesale stores. I'm looking to install a 3 camera CCTV system. My ultimate goal is to monitor or record anyone coming close contact with the vehicle (we are guessing its our neighbor but we have no hard evidence) but since I am installing this I also want to put a camera monitoring the front entrance and backyard.

CCTV_setup-1.jpg

Can anyone recommend a good camera below $200? What do you guys think about the Samsung SCC B5367N? Most likely the camera monitoring the car will be mounted near the back side of the house.. would this camera be able to get a good visual 40 ft away?

Also which DVR would you recommend ($175 budget for DVR)? Something basic that can record a week and I can remotely monitor and view with my Android smartphone would be ideal.

Thanks in advance

Good cameras can be had for under $200, but a 4-channel DVR under $150 is a stretch!

CNB's 24VF series is very good for the price. You'll want to look at the vandal-domes (since people are already scratching your cars ). VCM-24VF has an extra enclosure on the back to store connections, VBM-24VF is the same, but without the back-box so you can flush-mount it. The can easily be mounted to walls or ceilings, or connected to pendant mounts.

These cameras do well in low-light areas. You do need some light however, so if there is no other light at night, either pair the cameras with IR illuminators or install a motion-activated flood-light. (Flood light is cheaper and better).

For a DVR, you really ought to up your budget to at least $300. THEN you can buy a nice, quality 4-ch DVR with 500GB of storage (plenty for starters). My suggestion: SRD-450 from Samsung. All channels can be recorded at full D1 quality, at 7.5FPS each.

For wiring, cat5 cable with baluns is usually cheaper. Plus, it is harder for new people to connect coax properly.

The CNB's 24VF looks nice but I don't think it will work since my driveway is pitch black in the night. I am looking at the Empire ESC3 cameras for now..the video quality and price point is great. The plus is that they are in the NYC area so if anything goes wrong..servicing hopefully wont be an issue. As far as the DVR..I found a local store that sells the Samsung SRD-450 for $300.

Do you think 3 of these camera would draw a lot of power? I'm thinking about just directly plugging to a power strip/surge protector.

Once I get this set up in a few weeks I will post picture updates =)

Samsung SRD-450

the only problem is your camera choice and dvr are not a match. the samsung is sold as a CIF real time dvr. with 700tvl you should look at D1 real time.

and for the small area you want to cover 15fps D1 is what you need.

if you are looking at low power then the nano is a good unit. http://www.averusa.com/surveillance/productdetail.aspx?id=138

True, its not a realtime D1, but he doesn't need that.

I would estimate that the camera would draw around 500mA with the IR on, but I may be wrong. So I'd go with like a 4A supply.

In the current age, we need to be cautious when it comes to security measures These CCTV 4 systems are in various quality and performance based options to choose from. But I would suggest you SRD-450 from Samsung it has great result. cat5 cable is best in both quality and price also. you can visit that site for more useful info

http://www.realcommsecurity.com?CCTV

Thanks,

Samuel

Why don't you a get a Dahua DVR?

They are full D1 and cheaper then the Samsung?

Not to mention easier to setup and more feature rich.