rory

Dahua Single View Remote Viewer

Guess not ...

Anywho ... adding in audio right this second, also drag the window around the screen with the mouse, change quality and audio on the fly using the menu at the top. Also changed the title to show the DDNS name instead of the IP (if using a DDNS name). Will release a revised version once thats all completed. May add in switching the channel number also. Much of the same code im writing can be used in other Dahua apps.

dhsingle-test1.png.2c403de8d546af054e1118127e1dbd36.png

Heck, I'd be trying it if I owned one! Speaking of audio, I hooked up a mic to my dvr last week to monitor the inside of my house overnight, remotely. Of course I got the ok from my wife to do so and I assured her I wasn't snooping- but one night I did hear a strange dudes voice and some moaning....nevermind

Anyway, my honey has a really bad back, among other ailments. She's been in a panic situation before and I've had to rush home. This tiny mic, man this thing is freakin amazing! I hear practically the whole damn house from an isolated room upstairs. Not specific conversations downstairs though. The closer you get to that room, the more it picks up. But I can clearly hear the phone when I call, and stuff- even the outdoors like I'm THERE with the window open. I'm now kind of like life-alert remotely. I have the audio open all night and if the wife has a serious panic for anything, all she has to do is holler and I hear it and I can make a call- in case she can't get to a phone or she's out of it on meds. And I'll hear my alarm system go off too- very nice. From a security standpoint and in certain situations where medically it can come in handy, a mic inside the house to monitor remotely is killer great. I really feel connected now with audio too. My dvr has EIGHT mic hookups. Nah!

Dan

What DVR do you have? Let me know and I might be able to throw something together for that, means more software to add to my site

Yeah well with this one, as always the more features you add the more other issues come up ..

change one thing it effects a whole lot of other things ..

im stuck trying to figure out what is basically a non essential problem even .. just to do with the title of the window but it will take a little while longer .. calling it quits tonight as falling asleep on the PC ... its easier to fix something if you dont keep nodding off

If you PM me a webpage to it, or manually locate the activeX and send that as a link for me to download, I can check it out further. Is that a TVT DVR?

Thanks Rory

I have been testing it with the dahua 3mp ip camera, works great, up to 1080p.

Thats great to know.

I have an updated developer version 1.02, I will PM the link.

Here are the changes from the initial release:

1.01 BETA (with Audio)

This version may contain errors in regard to the audio as my test site with audio is down at the moment. Either way, the changes are as follows:

-Change quality and open/close audio on the fly

-Resize in full screen and drag around the screen

-Stream audio from any channel, optionally without video

-Set audio to auto start

I have the link to this on my site.

1.02 - In development.

In addition to the features of 1.01, here are some of the new features added:

1) PTZ control - uses a dock or toolbar; left, right, up, down, zoom in/out, focus, aperture, and step up/down settings.

2) Snapshot - Saves to a folder called Snapshots on all users desktop.

3) Records to AVI - Converts on exit if it is recording. Saves to a folder called Recordings on all users desktop.

4) Speed - Quality, Fluency, AND Default settings.

5) Camera switching from channels 1-32.

6) Play/Stop video.

7) Stops/Starts recording and audio when switching camera or quality, if recording or audio is active.

8) Code more organized, cleaned up, reused.

9) Settings file changed - added program title, fluency, and PTZ.

What I want to do is now add additional sites to the settings file, so you can select them from the menu to switch to. Also adding the option to save the changes made to the settings file. And I will add in caching of the image so one does not see the flashing when using the menu - right now i refresh the video when one clicks on a menu item or it tears into the video leaving a blank grey area. I need to work out how to grab the image from the video though without first saving it to a file, to get away from the disk caching which can be slow on flash drives (or I cache it to the temp folder) - the API only has save to file.

Image2.png.c26911a5dd7c651616d046c9a533267a.png

And so just to confuse matters, I added in support for multiple sites

So the 2 sections in the settings will be site1 and position.

If there are more sites then there would be site2, site3, etc.

It supports a fixed limit of 10 total site entries.

Example settings for 3 sites

[site1]
title=Demo
ip=192.168.1.201
port=37777
user=admin
pass=admin
camera=1
quality=0
fluency=3
startaudio=0
audioch=1
ptzstep=4

[site2]
title=Office
ip=10.10.10.1
port=37777
user=admin
pass=123
camera=5
quality=3
fluency=0
startaudio=0
audioch=1
ptzstep=4

[site3]
title=IPCamera
ip=myipcamera.dyndns.biz
port=37777
user=demo
pass=user
camera=1
quality=3
fluency=3
startaudio=1
audioch=1
ptzstep=8

[position]
ontop=0
left=
top=
width=
height=

And example screenshot:

Image4.png.f13b8451eb3ac4b18e2d7ebff85810b0.png

And so just to confuse matters, I added in support for multiple sites

So the 2 sections in the settings will be site1 and position.

If there are more sites then there would be site2, site3, etc.

It supports a fixed limit of 10 total site entries.

Example settings for 3 sites

[site1]
title=Demo
ip=192.168.1.201
port=37777
user=admin
pass=admin
camera=1
quality=0
fluency=3
startaudio=0
audioch=1
ptzstep=4

[site2]
title=Office
ip=10.10.10.1
port=37777
user=admin
pass=123
camera=5
quality=3
fluency=0
startaudio=0
audioch=1
ptzstep=4

[site3]
title=IPCamera
ip=myipcamera.dyndns.biz
port=37777
user=demo
pass=user
camera=1
quality=3
fluency=3
startaudio=1
audioch=1
ptzstep=8

[position]
ontop=0
left=
top=
width=
height=

And example screenshot:

[attachment=0]Image4.png[/attachment]

Thanks, i tried the version you send me yesterday, great improvements.

Rory, you are the best and one of the reasons I have chosen Dahua DVRs for friends and family when they ask what kind should they get.

For me, I will be getting a 4 channel Dahua from the profits of my current camera job and will use all your help that you posted about them; especially this and the other programing functions. If I ever get to the Bahamas on vacation I hope to meet you, even shadow you and learn a thing or two. I am still a novice at this after all!

Glad you like it Jason.

Still working out some bugs though before I release this update.

Most of the bugs take place when run under Win7.

Others are a direct result of the API itself.

Will eventually get around them.

Glad you like it Jason.

Still working out some bugs though before I release this update.

Most of the bugs take place when run under Win7.

Others are a direct result of the API itself.

Will eventually get around them.

What are the chances you can make playback show a green bar (on a time line), for each channel, indicating recorded motion?

What are the chances you can make playback show a green bar (on a time line), for each channel, indicating recorded motion?

You mean for playback? I havent made a playback program yet

Or you mean for PSS?

Cant change that part of it.

Although they do have a timeline but it is limited.

Just ordered my 4 ch Dahua today. These viewers will come in very handy;for example I like to have the cameras at work up at home, now I can have these screens (for my home cameras) on the side of the work cams. My desktop will be all cams - love it!

Rory, yeah if you ever have time to play with a playback motion bar for either PSS or IE I will come down there and wash your car for a week!

LOL .. i got a big dirty jeep that needs a wash

Right now it resumes recording after switching cams or quality (which stops and starts video) but I might take that out for stability reasons. Also forgot I wanted to add in sequencing, hotkeys for switching cameras and sites etc, and also cache of the image. So I might keep working on it as I get time .. also was thinking about intelligent monitoring where you would turn that on and then instead of streaming the activeX video I stream the images in the picture box then I can do things like motion events etc, alot more detailed though and away from the KISS idea (the more features you add the more every other feature needs to be retested as something new always tends to break some existing feature) .. but this is really a test bed for the multiway viewer .. and oh yeah its fun

Got my new Qvis 4 channel today...Just downloaded and installed Rory's single viewer and, in a word, awesome! I can have a reduced browser up as well as the single viewer on desktop where space permits. And BTW what a difference from the old Qsee DVR in terms of live/playback quality. And then I discovered the Blackberry app! There are not enough words to describe the liberation from the old, discontinued, Qsee

glad you like it

Been a busy week and got alot of other things going on like quotes and service (and flu/dengue), and still have several dahua tools im working on at the same time such as the PSS Skins, PSS Installer (goes together with the skins scripts and EzPSS), DAV to AVI command line converter, Dahua Media Player (will include a conversion from dav to avi using the command line converter), and whats been stressing me out for days and nights, the web based live video in any browser ...

see some here that havent been completed or uploaded to my site yet

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27183

Rory

Thought you might like to see your handy work in action " title="Applause" /> . The Lot and Back yard cams are VBM 24VFs. I am also using your PSS Portable - another awesome program for the DVR - the full PSS is really clunky to use

674706137_ScreenShot.jpg.ee279a2667e48c3888865e68261ba420.jpg

Just like PSS 4.04 & below, will not show the 3MP IP camera video when set to highest 3MP/15FPS. On 1080P 25FPS, no problem.