rory

Dahua Single View Remote Viewer

Just like PSS 4.04 & below, will not show the 3MP IP camera video when set to highest 3MP/15FPS. On 1080P 25FPS, no problem.

not designed for IP cameras but still good to know it works with them somewhat

Its probably because most Dahua Hybrids and NVR's max out at 1080p resolution. I assume they made their software the same.

But with PSS 4.05 it can support 3MP so it's just hardware limitation for Dahua Hybrids/NVR

Its probably because most Dahua Hybrids and NVR's max out at 1080p resolution. I assume they made their software the same.

But with PSS 4.05 it can support 3MP so it's just hardware limitation for Dahua Hybrids/NVR

so its not the software but the hardware instead?

if so thats good to know

Otherwise i have a new SDK I can try your IP camera if you want?

But my software is connecting in MainStream ..

Wow, didnt even know that. Man, can PSS get any better. I havent tried it with any IP cameras. Does it support any other cameras other than Dahua IP?

so its not the software but the hardware instead?

if so thats good to know

Otherwise i have a new SDK I can try your IP camera if you want?

But my software is connecting in MainStream ..

Will PM you my demo IP later, feel free to configure the unit for me. But you have to set it to 1080p via IE or PSS 4.05 first.

Wow, didnt even know that. Man, can PSS get any better. I havent tried it with any IP cameras. Does it support any other cameras other than Dahua IP?

Yeah better all channel remote playback

dont worry though if they dont make it I will make it

gotta be a way to playback in Substream and not Mainstream !!

Will PM you my demo IP later, feel free to configure the unit for me. But you have to set it to 1080p via IE or PSS 4.05 first.

ok thanks.

You are saying you can configure PSS to accept other IP camera protocols? If so, you da man.

You are saying you can configure PSS to accept other IP camera protocols? If so, you da man.

no not PSS .. my own remote player.

Started on a DLL last night. Basically it has the functions for easy reuse in other apps, takes the thinking out of the direct calls to the SDK functions, I will be loading it up with main functions and then some sub functions, ones that would take even more of the thinking out of the main app. So basically its a helper DLL. Also using the IDE calling some of the SDK's functions results in IDE crashes which doesnt happen if its in run time, so this hopefully gets rid of that issue as well (yet to see).

Nice thing is using the DLL I can just switch between one app and the next and they all use the same DLL, and when I make an update to the single DLL, just edit then recompile, all the apps using it are updated - well that does mean some changes to those apps if I change function or class names etc, but otherwise it saves time as there is just one file I have to edit for the SDK related code.

I already started posting snippets of code from it on my site to help others that might be using the SDK with VB6 (or Delphi which is somewhat similar), and will post more as I get it. I basically took all the SDK functions and put them in the DLL file and Im converting them as I get time. Dahua only gives us a couple example functions in VB6 so the rest is up to us - even then the functions are not completely correct.

Started on a DLL last night. Basically it has the functions for easy reuse in other apps, takes the thinking out of the direct calls to the SDK functions, I will be loading it up with main functions and then some sub functions, ones that would take even more of the thinking out of the main app. So basically its a helper DLL. Also using the IDE calling some of the SDK's functions results in IDE crashes which doesnt happen if its in run time, so this hopefully gets rid of that issue as well (yet to see).

Nice thing is using the DLL I can just switch between one app and the next and they all use the same DLL, and when I make an update to the single DLL, just edit then recompile, all the apps using it are updated - well that does mean some changes to those apps if I change function or class names etc, but otherwise it saves time as there is just one file I have to edit for the SDK related code.

I already started posting snippets of code from it on my site to help others that might be using the SDK with VB6 (or Delphi which is somewhat similar), and will post more as I get it. I basically took all the SDK functions and put them in the DLL file and Im converting them as I get time. Dahua only gives us a couple example functions in VB6 so the rest is up to us - even then the functions are not completely correct.

Wanted to PM you the new IP but PM function is disable?

Rory,

Is there a way to have simple view as a 4 x 4 window for 16 cameras? I've got one customer with 3 locations : Main office using a 32 chan ICrealtime (25 channels) using PSS, remote office using 16 chan ICR using web browsing IE to display these and another office having a 16 channel GenIV.

It is a PIA to get the girls in this office to get all the cameras up. It would be way easier to just have one computer having 4 x 4 simple view on desktop then extended desktop monitor having a 4 x 4 simple view and possibly putting in another video card into this desktop computer to have another monitor with another 4 x 4 simple view. The reason is that if you put up all 64 cameras they are too small to look at.

I guess if the 3 x 3 quad is the biggest then they could pick the 9 important cameras for viewing from each site.

Thanks for your work.

Bump

Still wondering if a 4 x 4 quad view could be done with the Fast viewer or maybe if you could pull the corner to make it bigger like the single view remote viewer?

Thanks

Hey rory,

I'd like to try it out now that I have my own Dahua for testing, am I missing the download link, or you only send the program to whoever asks for it?

Probably better to contact him through his website. Havent seen him on here in a while but have email conversations with him from time to time.

All his downloads can be found at;

Hmm, just tried to download this 'free' remote viewer and you have to pay to download files from the site. So the program itself is free, but you need to pay for the right to download a particular group of files.

Must be an odd meaning of the word free.

Hmm, just tried to download this 'free' remote viewer and you have to pay to download files from the site. So the program itself is free, but you need to pay for the right to download a particular group of files.

Nope, you don't, try again.

Rory

I see you have made a playback viewer for Dahua, do you have any plans for a Geovision viewer? I would love to have a command line playback viewer for Geovision. The POS data capture, I use at my store. To be able to send a command from a POS system and view the invoice transaction would be a very neat feature. Being able to retrieve an invoice video has saved me money several times. I have been working with my POS software company, I have interfaced the data capture pretty easy. They have already interfaced with a company called insight but it does not work as good as geovision.

Quentin