bike_rider

DVR with remote playback for Android?

I have an 8 camera Geovision system, that is serving me well except for mobile phone functions. GV has a fully functional Windows Mobile client set, with live view, PTZ control and playback. Unfortunately Windows as a phone platform is all but dead, so I've moved on to an Android phone. I use IP Cam Viewer to get live feeds from my GV and my non-integrated pet cam, but have no access to the recorded video. Well, I can VNC into the GV box to get recorded video, but you can imagine how slow that is.

So, I think it is time to look into a new system.

Who makes a DVR that does remote playback on the Andoird platform, allows for real time views on Android, PTZ control on Android, accepts Alarm inputs to trigger emails with attached images? The ideal solution would be a hybrid so I'm covered as I move toward IP cameras.

Oddly, the only system I know that has a fully functional android client is the Synology diskstation. Of course it does not offer alarm inputs and I would need a network encoder to convert my alanlog cameras to IP.

What version of GV software are you running? What are your CPU loads? Are you using analog cameras? I would like to view my GV system, but haven't found a app that will run on 8.01.

Geovision is 8.3. All analog cameras. The CPU load is light on a 4 year old machine. I don't know if IP Cam Viewer will work for you with v8, but there is a free version to try. It uses the web server video streams.

Are you sure the android version does not allow playback - the Iphone version does....

Why not just use the 1ch playback web viewer - thats small enough for a android phone

Thanks. I'm sure the Android client does not support remote playback. It is generally regarded as garbage. I use a 3rd party app for live view. Also, A-View requires GV 8.4 and I'm on 8.3 If the A-view client worked for me, I'd look at upgrading but that might also require a new PC.

As far as I know the web client requires Active X and there isn't any of that on Android.