blowrabbit

color crrazy cam pano 484

i have a pano 484 cam in a retail situation under floresant lighting and for some reason only this camera changes the color of flat white surfaces of the counter every 5 seconds to a shade of yellow. this happens just in a spot in the middle of the picture that probaly reflects a lot of ambiant light. this does not happen with other cameras and ive tried other lenses and swaped just about everything including cable runs. it still does this and ive put the settings on the pano on default and ran it on both voltages. there is a significant amount of backlight that whites out the picture somewhat when its real sunny but over all the picture with this cam is almost 3d. the color change is subtle but annoying to me? any thoughts?

i have used a computar and tamron and tonika [all AI] and i have also used a different camera on the line [the new ganz that levon sells] and the yellowing only happens on the pano 484.

yes the cam does sit 2 feet below several floresant 4'x2' panels but i have ran a seperate coax from the cam and to the moniter on the floor just to see and it still slowly changes color from white to yellow.

Did you by any chance changed the factory setting of the Pano camera? Normally you will play with any of the setting very carefully only to serve the purpose (BLC, AGC and many more...) and with the ability to change setting on the screen menu, this can be a serious drag...

There is a way to set all the setting back to factory default - refer to the manual for the direction. Once done, test it... Based on your initial results, please let us know what you see...

It is not unusual to have this problem if the setting are messed with without a very specific reasons..

If after the resetting it back to factory you do not have it working correctly, there is a defenite posibility that something is wrong with the camera itself - regardless what Pano says, we have seen their cameras fail more so that what they claim...

Levon

i set it back to the factory settings as that was the first thing i thought of because i was screwing around trying to do the backlight compensation thing upon intial installation. i still dont really know how to do that backlight function as the menus seem confusing.

Now, after you resetted everything back to factory defaults, you still have the problem? You do not need to adjust BLC at all, unless you have reflection from lights to shiny objects or variations of lights...

Is the problem still there after the reset?? If so, when did you buy this? If it is under warranty, I will recommend to have it replaced...

Here is another test you can run - Once the camera is set to its default, move it to a different location and see if the problem still persists... Chances are it will, and if so, then there is a problem with the camera. The the problem that you are describing with shade of yellow lines has nothing to do BLC at all, if providing that is the only setting that you played with...

Levon

I would like for you to try 1 thing before you decide to send it back. Take a piece of Plain white paper and hold it up to the lens for 10-15 seconds. Make sure the lens only sees white. Not to close where it is completely black. After 15 Seconds see if the camera adjusts and stays to it auto white balancing.

I think its your White Balance, do you have it on auto or manual awb or mwb?

Try making the cam look outside a window, then iside at a white piece of paper..very quickly..and only the peice of paper, let us know what the result is.

finally in response to your suggestions i turned off the sd111 and changed the white balance and it corrected the yellow/white thing. thanks.

so now its a $150 camera that cost yah $400

without SD3 isnt it just a regular camera?

well to tell the truth it is still the better of the lot i have used [levons ganz, sanyos 2or 3 years old 6794?]. but i think if i changed out the floresant bulbs to a different kind of bulb, say a soft or a eco-lite it might take care of the problem? but yea, it kinda sucks. i am surprized no one else has had simular experiances with it? and yea for the money the ganz is best.

yeah had the same issue with a GE ultraview, and also other issues with them actually which is why i dont sell them no more ... for the switching light levels I changed some settings and it went away, cant remember though what it was.. i still have one at a location that I never got to work properly. After 2 weeks of every day readjusting, night and day, i gave up and never used since.