Nodon

ok to use a computer monitor

I bought a new apollo dvr and was wondering if I can use an old computer monitor that I already have as long as the connector is the same. I hate to email sean at nellys, he has already helped me so much I am ashamed to email him again! They are a great place to do business! The apollo has a vga output, would it work with any monitor with the same connector? Thanks

I live for emails, no worries at all. Soundy is right, yes you can. It utilizes the VGA connections. Did you get my email with the intro sheet that I sent you explaining the various resolutions? Let me know if you didnt as its very important. I am sure your computer monitor has "auto resolution detect" but if not, you may have to adjust the DVR's resolution to make it "play" with the computer monitor. If you ever decide to use a TV, atleast make sure it has a VGA or HDMI connection as the BNC output gives the least favorable resolution. You will definetely want to use the VGA or HDMI so your computer monitor will be just fine.

Hey Sean, I got an attchment that said doc drivintro#2 but it was just giberish. I probably didn't have the right program to open it. I got the last email with the help link at your web site, I looked at it and will be back. Thanks.

If you don't have Microsoft Office, you might need another office suite to open that file; Wordpad (comes with Windows) recognizes .DOC files but won't view any but the most basic ones. Try www.openoffice.org